• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ah Ha! Commercial Crabbers Thwarted!

Van T

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Way to show them who's boss. How long are you in those pots soak for ? Think I might get a couple pots this year because I live near one of the rivers right off the Chesapeake Bay that's where all the Big Jimmy's go.

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
It depend what time of the year and where your traps are located (if it’s a fertile crabbing area).

Typically 48 hour minimum. No longer than 7 days max. Any longer and you start to have leakage (crabs escaping) or the bait will be extinguished and you’ll start to experience dead loss.

Last edited:

Joatmon

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 SE
Boat Length
Removed my standard floats/buoys and replaced them with XXXXX XXXX XXXXXXX. Now my traps are hidden/unrecognizable!

They were delish for dinner tonight!

Great catch. I have not had any issues with anyone bothering my traps so far but I am curious to know what the XXXXX device is you are using. You are required by FWC to have a marker buoy with the "R" inscribed. Keeping it under water?

Last edited by a moderator:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Great catch. I have not had any issues with anyone bothering my traps so far but I am curious to know what the XXXXX device is you are using. You are required by FWC to have a marker buoy with the "R" inscribed. Keeping it under water?
Clemsontiger is no longer a member. I think what he was saying is that the crabbers in his area all use XXXXX's on their buoys, so he just made his look similar (more like a commercial buoy).