• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Air pump

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My Ryobi air pump just died a little bit after a year. What else do y'all use?

My Ryobi air pump just died a little bit after a year. What else do y'all use?
I really like this one. It does a good job with our 4 person tube. It’s pretty fast for inflating and deflating. I can’t speak as to it’s reliability, because I’ve only had it for a year.
Tidal Wake 12V DC Air Pump for Inflatables, Inflates & Deflates 3 Times Faster on Boat Towables, Pool & Water Toys, Air Beds, Rafts, 1,000 Liters of Air Per Minute! 10 Foot Cord Amazon.com : Tidal Wake 12V DC Air Pump for Inflatables, Inflates & Deflates 3 Times Faster on Boat Towables, Pool & Water Toys, Air Beds, Rafts, 1,000 Liters of Air Per Minute! 10 Foot Cord : Sports & Outdoors

I am deeply into Dewalt's 20V line so this is what I use:

It can run off 20V battery or 12V power. It inflated our Chariot Warbird 3 (huge tube) in about 5 minutes.

It can run off 20V battery or 12V power. It inflated our Chariot Warbird 3 (huge tube) in about 5 minutes.

I have the same one. Use it alot works great.

Love Dewalt too, but I just use their regular blower to inflate tubes. Also doubles as a driveway and deck etc blower! Won't do a SUP....but handles everything else. The long nozzle comes off and you can attached the smaller/shorter inflator attachments.

1654538477298.png

Interesting. I have two different Dewalt blowers and neither came with the adapters shown in that picture that can be used to inflate tubes.

Thanks y'all. I have another ryobi in the boat (the one that died was my pool one). So I ended up just buying another battery. LOL. @notaclue I had that one, and it died on my after a month or two. oops.

I have the Ryobi 738 inflator (the pistol shaped one) and bought a couple new Ryobi 4 ah batteries (along with a couple tools - package deal) to use on it. Turns out the inflator causes the new batteries to trip out and the unit shuts off - it turns on put shuts off a few seconds later and you have to take the battery out to reset it. Did a google search and it turns out it's an issue. I had been using my dewalt batteries with an adapter which worked fine so I guess I'll switch back to using those. Not sure what's going on with the new batteries but it's definitely a problem. The new batteries work fine with my other Ryobi tools.

I have the Ryobi 738 inflator (the pistol shaped one) and bought a couple new Ryobi 4 ah batteries (along with a couple tools - package deal) to use on it. Turns out the inflator causes the new batteries to trip out and the unit shuts off - it turns on put shuts off a few seconds later and you have to take the battery out to reset it. Did a google search and it turns out it's an issue. I had been using my dewalt batteries with an adapter which worked fine so I guess I'll switch back to using those. Not sure what's going on with the new batteries but it's definitely a problem. The new batteries work fine with my other Ryobi tools.
Huh, good to know. The Ryobi that died for me was the pistol one. But I have the simple smaller battery that came with it. It hadn't been an issue before. I thought it had just ran out of battery and recharged but that wasn't the issue. So now i will use the inflator that has the dual high pressure vs high volume options.

Is the Ryobi pump fast? I have one similar to the one Mesa linked above (Airboss branded but looks identical). It's decent, but I was hoping for faster. Thinking about giving the Ryobi a try using my Makita batteries with adapter.

Plenty fast for pool tubes. Maybe even for towables but you'll need the high pressure side to top it off at the end. I find that for a SUP it takes forever to get to the set high PSI. That being said, beats pumping

I’d return that ryobi to HD if you bought it there, there’s a decent chance they’ll warranty it without question.

I’d return that ryobi to HD if you bought it there, there’s a decent chance they’ll warranty it without question.
Good point. It's just over the year mark. I'll see what they say

It works even better like this. No more getting the pump out or risking dropping the pump in the water.

Call me tabbibus the destroyer of pumps. I broke the hose on that one and not sure how to get a replacement.

My hose started giving out two years ago. If you still have the pump and the adapters I have a shelf of parts to use a water hose as the hose.

6EC5A619-3C28-4911-A2ED-731825FEBE32.jpeg

My hose started giving out two years ago. If you still have the pump and the adapters I have a shelf of parts to use a water hose as the hose.

View attachment 179857
I still have the pump and adaptors. Walk me through this. Not sure how those parts fix the broken hose

Back