• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Aluminum Trailer Upgrade Costs

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Can anyone tell me what the cost was to upgrade from the standard painted trailer that comes with the 210 to the Aluminum Trailer with the Swing-Away Tongue.

I'm trying to quantify the costs of the upgrades on the boat I'm purchasing and can't find this cost anywhere. Figured someone here may know, otherwise will call a Yamaha dealer on Tuesday to ask.

Thanks in advance!

SgtBFGunner

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm in Florida (think salt water). I would assume all dealers would be selling their boat's on aluminum trailers. My dealer didn't charge any extra for the boat coming with the aluminum trailer. Another dealer claimed they had to add $895 for the aluminum trailer. Even though the boat base prices were the same.
Learned learned was, some will charge extra because it's $895 more profit for them. That was for a 2018 190 FSH Sport.
My 2 cents and experience... I'm sure others have had other experiences.

Last edited:

Maillis

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
It was a $500 increase in the MSRP on my 2018.

Hector Leiva

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Can anyone tell me what the cost was to upgrade from the standard painted trailer that comes with the 210 to the Aluminum Trailer with the Swing-Away Tongue.

I'm trying to quantify the costs of the upgrades on the boat I'm purchasing and can't find this cost anywhere. Figured someone here may know, otherwise will call a Yamaha dealer on Tuesday to ask.

Thanks in advance!
From what I have been told by a dealer Yamaha ships their boats to Florida with aluminum trailers only. Don’t know about other states.

SgtBFGunner

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
From what I have been told by a dealer Yamaha ships their boats to Florida with aluminum trailers only. Don’t know about other states.
And some dealers will try to charge you extra for that aluminum trailer and others will not. Check your dealers, don't pay extra if you don't have to.

Hector Leiva

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
And some dealers will try to charge you extra for that aluminum trailer and others will not. Check your dealers, don't pay extra if you don't have to.
My boat (2017 190FSH Deluxe) Purchased new Included aluminum trailer at no extra charge and was purchased at Cycle Springs in ClearWater. Reportedly one of the largest Yamaha/Scarab dealers in the nation.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Are they aluminum or galvanized? I thought they were galvanized for some reason?

Hector Leiva

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Are they aluminum or galvanized? I thought they were galvanized for some reason?
I would say 70% aluminum and 30% galvanized. There are some galvanized parts on the trailer.

SgtBFGunner

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My boat (2017 190FSH Deluxe) Purchased new Included aluminum trailer at no extra charge and was purchased at Cycle Springs in ClearWater. Reportedly one of the largest Yamaha/Scarab dealers in the nation.
I purchased mine there as well.
Barney's in St. Pete wanted $895 extra. With the base boats being the same price at both places.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I would say 70% aluminum and 30% galvanized. There are some galvanized parts on the trailer.
Not sure what year they switched, but now it seems the FSH models have Aluminum trailers as an option (I didn't check them all):
All FSH models-Aluminum
242X-Galvanized
212S-Galvanized
AR195-Galvanized

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
There was no extra cost for my aluminum trailer but that was in 2018.

brian86992

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
$2800 in Texas with the dealer I have it on order with right now. Will see if I can negotiate that down...

Hector Leiva

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
$2800 in Texas with the dealer I have it on order with right now. Will see if I can negotiate that down...
Was just on Yamaha website an under specs for trailer it states that aluminum trailer is optionaL. This leads me to believe that the cal vanished trailer is included which I believe is the way it has always been. The exception being that for some reason Yamaha includes the aluminum trailer in Florida only. I suggest you call Yamaha for clarification on what’s included what is an option and how much more for an Illuminati trailer. $2800 seem very high to go from calvanized (included) to 70 percent wbtw they are not 100% illuminum.

brian86992

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Was just on Yamaha website an under specs for trailer it states that aluminum trailer is optionaL. This leads me to believe that the cal vanished trailer is included which I believe is the way it has always been. The exception being that for some reason Yamaha includes the aluminum trailer in Florida only. I suggest you call Yamaha for clarification on what’s included what is an option and how much more for an Illuminati trailer. $2800 seem very high to go from calvanized (included) to 70 percent wbtw they are not 100% illuminum.
$2800 is close to the cost of a complete trailer. I am going to try to negotiate the dealer down (towards a number some others quoted around $900) for the upgrade but with the supply/demand at the moment I have little ground to bargain on.

Hector Leiva

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
$2800 is close to the cost of a complete trailer. I am going to try to negotiate the dealer down (towards a number some others quoted around $900) for the upgrade but with the supply/demand at the moment I have little ground to bargain on.
I would argue that the buyer has the upper hand these days (44 million out of work). Not to many people out there with expendable cash that can qualify for a loan. Make an out the door offer and stick with it.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I believe you are wrong, because there’s no summer camps for kids there still hundreds of millions of people that have jobs. Outdoor activities with the family seem to be the way to go. We have had beautiful weather so because my boat is stuck in Florida I went down to buy a Jet ski and figured I would keep that up here in New York and my dealer told me that he already sold every JetSki that he has allotted for the year in the last two weeks and had none including used ones in stock. I talk to one of my friends about it and he said he was not able to buy a four wheeler because there were none in stock and someone had driven down from Massachusetts and bought the last one that the local dealer had. I looked online to confirm some of this and it was said that almost every boat in the country is sold. I believe it said that there are only 13 boats in the $1 million-$2 million range that remain in stock at this time in the country. If he wants a boat I would just buy the boat and take the stock trailer that came with he could probably sell it or use it for a few years or just pay the $2800 and take the aluminum one Before the boat is sold to someone else. He’ll be sitting on shore looking at somebody else’s kids having fun on the boat he could’ve had.

brian86992

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yep... every boat dealer I talked to has said it's been the craziest 3 months they've ever had. Can't keep anything in stock. I have one of the last FSH coming to Texas (Yamaha factory was shut down for a while) and there's a line of people behind me waiting for it if I back out.

Although there are many people out of work, there's also many many more people that are still bringing in their salary except they're sitting at home looking for things to do with the family with all their new found free time.

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Agreed. There have been multiple articles on it as well.

My brother is currently boat shopping after selling his last one a couple weeks ago and the new and used boat markets are on fire right now!