• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Another stereo upgrade post

Jaylex

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Solid!!

How do you like the sound? What did you have before stereo wise?

I noticed you went with Rockford towers...any reason why those over others?

I too looked at those but ultimately ended up with the JL M880s but heard those get loud too?

How many batteries?

John Mcpartland

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Solid!!

How do you like the sound? What did you have before stereo wise?

I noticed you went with Rockford towers...any reason why those over others?

I too looked at those but ultimately ended up with the JL M880s but heard those get loud too?

How many batteries?
I wasn't going to do towers, but I got them used for a good price so I went for it. So far it sounds awesome but the real test will be out on the water.

Just upgraded from stock, and stock batteries for now

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
How are you liking the soundbar? I listened to one at Crutchfield last week and liked it. I like the idea of that better than tower cans to crack my head on.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice job, looks good! I'm a fan of my Rockford Towers too, especially at the price.

John Mcpartland

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How are you liking the soundbar? I listened to one at Crutchfield last week and liked it. I like the idea of that better than tower cans to crack my head on.
I am very surprised how good the sound bar sounds, and how loud it can get. It is nice not worrying about hitting my head walking through the middle

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Now that I've amped my sound bar directly vs having it in series with the cockpit speakers my soundbar is awesome. The only draw back now is the polk subwoofer can't keep up with the high end from the bar....so I'll either need to replace it, or get a 2nd sub! LOL

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Now that I've amped my sound bar directly vs having it in series with the cockpit speakers my soundbar is awesome. The only draw back now is the polk subwoofer can't keep up with the high end from the bar....so I'll either need to replace it, or get a 2nd sub! LOL
If it makes you feel any better, I said no subs till next year... I can see 2 10” IBs and another amp in my VERY near future. Hahaha

SPDSpappy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Were you able to hide the cable for the sound bar and the other 2 tower speakers? One of the complaints I’ve heard is the sound bar wire is so big, it won’t fit inside the wake tower bars and it looks horrible. I’m hoping you were able to get everything looking clean, but this picture doesn’t give me a wide enough view to see it.

Finally finished project 1 for this spring
View attachment 74466
11 speakers and 2 amps if you count the soundbar as 2