• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

any suggestions first time on jet boaters.net

Ricky Edgeworth

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Need advice Called a dealer in February about the 2015 ar 240 wanted blue he told me to wait until March that Yamaha may put a better promotion on he talked to his rep and said there would be . Yamaha had the march special 0 down 2.99 and 5 year warranty. He called and told me one was going to be delivered in a couple of weeks per Yamaha. So I went March 13 and put a deposit on it and filled out all the paper work for Yamahas promotion everything came back as done deal just waiting for boat. While I was there order wet sound tower speakers and had them replace the speakers inside boat with wet sounds and syn 4 amps and equalizer. Got a call from dealer a couple of weeks later and wrong boat came in it was a 19 or 21 ft. Boat not sure but wasn't mine. So dealer called Yamaha and they came back and said there was no blue ar 240 available until middle of April. Got a call from dealer said boat was there and they would install the speakers and stuff. Picked boat up on April 23 got there and they said had to fill out paper work again because paper work expires in thirty days filled out paper work at the end come to find out no 5 year warranty promotion over. Had $3,700 in speakers what to do. Live 3 hours from dealer. Ended up taking boat with the dealer almost assuring me they would get it straightening out . Called back and they said that Yamaha rep said not for sure but shouldn't be a problem. I have called dealer several times get the same answer but no extended warranty yet. I guess my next move is with Yamaha but was giving dealer a chance to make good on deal.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard @Ricky Edgeworth. WOW, that's a tough one. Do you have any of your conversations backed up with emails? If not, it might be a good time to start an email conversation with the dealership ASAP. Start the conversation with a brief "hey, how we doing on getting the numbers changed?" Then guide it into more of a "well, on ...... You said "..." Just an idea to get some documentation before getting "hard with them". Good luck, hopefully they'll work it out as promised.

Ricky Edgeworth

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello I have every email from the beginning until I picked it up saved them all . That's how we communicated mostly it's all there.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello I have every email from the beginning until I picked it up saved them all . That's how we communicated mostly it's all there.
Perfect. Print them all out and have a meeting the the GM. Make sure you point out how much $ extra in interest and warranty purchase it will cost you over the term of the loan. Hopefully they are really trying to work it out. I don't see Yamaha bailing them out here. But best of luck, keep us posted.