• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anybody else get griped at in No Wake Mode?

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Idiots! “Put it in neutral.” Ha! Good for you and your wife on how you handled it. Too bad the kids had to see it all. That’s probably all they’ll think about every time you go back there unfortunately. I got a ticket for this very thing. Fought it and won. However, I now find myself putting it in 1 now (unless I need more) and just watch everyone pass me up just so I don’t have to go through that again. Maybe something to consider just to make your day a little smoother.

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I don't use the No WAKE often, I drop down to neutral, up one click and slight pumps as needed. I go through no wake at 5-6 mph, no problems.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Idiots! “Put it in neutral.” Ha! Good for you and your wife on how you handled it. Too bad the kids had to see it all. That’s probably all they’ll think about every time you go back there unfortunately. I got a ticket for this very thing. Fought it and won. However, I now find myself putting it in 1 now (unless I need more) and just watch everyone pass me up just so I don’t have to go through that again. Maybe something to consider just to make your day a little smoother.
I was thinking about this the other day. I still can't believe you got a ticket for that.

Also, fun note. The "no wake zone" at Patoka is actually a 10mph speed limit zone. I've considered going by some of these people that have fussed at us at 10mph to show them what is actually allowed. It wouldn't solve anything, most likely escalate the situation, but I think I would feel better at some level :D

DRAT

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
i've been "asked" to slow down twice in no-wake mode, both times in marinas by house boaters. once my speedometer said 4mph, the other (yesterday) 5mph. in each instance my feelings were saying "shut the F up and mind your own business, loser!" luckily i'm old now and sufficiently dead inside to allow my frontal lobe to take command, so both times i said, "no problem" and just hit the cruise minus button once or twice to make them happy. i do think our boats make more wake at no-wake speed than prop boats do but i could be wrong. not sure i could have held it together vs the jet-ski bullies. what a bunch of idiots!

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
where is this utopia where the whether doesn't produce much larger waves than your little boat on a regular basis?

I think you have to kill these people with kindness, I would have invited one or both on my boat and let's go through the area together, let's learn from each other etc. Maybe you went through 1 time and it was more than you thought?

can someone please video-shop jack lemon and walter matthau's heads on these two LOL? Wonder if they are good friends when not yelling at other boaters?

amccoy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This one lady, I believe her name is Karen, on a floatilla of pontoons likes to yell at me when I come by and have only hit the no wake up button once. It's a wake boat, it's designed to make a wake.

I thought about shutting one engine off but instead I just ignore her.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
i've been "asked" to slow down twice in no-wake mode, both times in marinas by house boaters. once my speedometer said 4mph, the other (yesterday) 5mph. in each instance my feelings were saying "shut the F up and mind your own business, loser!" luckily i'm old now and sufficiently dead inside to allow my frontal lobe to take command, so both times i said, "no problem" and just hit the cruise minus button once or twice to make them happy. i do think our boats make more wake at no-wake speed than prop boats do but i could be wrong. not sure i could have held it together vs the jet-ski bullies. what a bunch of idiots!
I think my frontal lobe would take over in some of these instances...... you think this is a wake?.....I'll show you a wake!

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I get the fact that people want no wake speeds, etc. I am always running very slow in No Wake zones. But it seems like more and more people want to be the Wake / Water Police because they have nothing better to do. I have had people try an tell me how to launch my boat or that I shouldn't be tubing in an area because they wanted to relax and not feel the waves.... I was several hundred yards from them, which almost wider than most lakes around here. I just thank them and move on. Whatever. If people want to go Police something, let them go run down those boaters and Jets Skier's who are flying by other boaters WAY TO DAMN CLOSE.
Welcome to "new boaters" AKA "all the karens and kyles bought boats and have opinions"

DRAT

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
boat karens, lol

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
careful running with a motor off, someone correct me if I'm wrong but you should pinch the intake hose if you are going to travel over 5 mph?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
careful running with a motor off, someone correct me if I'm wrong but you should pinch the intake hose if you are going to travel over 5 mph?
This is correct, but if you running with one motor to reduce wake, I doubt your doing over 5mph. One motor over 5mph is some serious wake lol

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
...two old guys with their life vests not appropriately worn on while riding a PWC.

I believe there is a saying about a log in your own eye that applies.

ugamarkj

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I wish I didnt watch that, its still bothering me. Unless you have a badge, STFU.
I wish I didn't experience it. I dread my next drive through the marina.

ugamarkj

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
where is this utopia where the whether doesn't produce much larger waves than your little boat on a regular basis?

I think you have to kill these people with kindness, I would have invited one or both on my boat and let's go through the area together, let's learn from each other etc. Maybe you went through 1 time and it was more than you thought?

can someone please video-shop jack lemon and walter matthau's heads on these two LOL? Wonder if they are good friends when not yelling at other boaters?
Good point about the weather. Very true. Just last week a squall came through and snapped one of my steel cable dock anchor lines. Did the same to my neighbor.

The first time they cussed me out I was in no wake 3 because I had an issue with my hydraulic steering sensor and I was just trying to get back to my dock before it failed again. That big house boat did not even move. They claim to be white knights for the people with smaller boats, but none of them have complained and I can't see them rocking either.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Good point about the weather. Very true. Just last week a squall came through and snapped one of my steel cable dock anchor lines. Did the same to my neighbor.

The first time they cussed me out I was in no wake 3 because I had an issue with my hydraulic steering sensor and I was just trying to get back to my dock before it failed again. That big house boat did not even move. They claim to be white knights for the people with smaller boats, but none of them have complained and I can't see them rocking either.
Wait, are you saying that they have boats... on water... and they're against the waves rocking said boats? Are they... completely retarded or just stupid?

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
especially the waves we produce at 4-6 mph. Until we come through at 10.8mph with 1000lbs ballast on the surf side you have nothing to complain about. A small wind should produce ripples equivalent to our boats, at least in the larger lakes I frequent.

The house boats at my marina actually experience the brunt of any waves as they face the open bay (actually block it for the rest of us), probably why they don't say anything to me going 4mph making a tiny wake. After the house boat dock, the water is super calm for my area. Actually billed the calm water marina.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
When I’m out on the boat I’m hyper sensitive to the wake I throw off and I’m guessing that 99% of the people on this forum are the same. I look back several times in no-wake areas to make sure that I’m not being “that guy”.

There are quite a few Yami’s on the chain of lakes that I’m on and I’ve never seen one causing a wake problem. On the other hand, about half the fishermen and pontoon drivers that I see don’t give a rats @ss about no wake areas.