• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anybody else get griped at in No Wake Mode?

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Maybe I am confused but pretty sure mine does not. In either instance, my max speed 5-6mph in no wake mode creates next to nothing.
Same here...No Wake mode will cancel if you throttle up manually, so you need to make sure you stay at idle speeds before you start pushing the No Wake mode button. You can engage No Wake up to the fully open forward position, but not beyond. Similarly for Cruise Control, it will cancel if you drop below 3000rpm.

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds like some people need something better to do in their lives that get mad at people for going more than 1mph in a no wake zone. I pretty regularly see 30-50ft twin/triple/quad motor
offshore boats going pretty quick through the no wake zone. I never had any issues but I can promise my little 24ft Yamaha throws to wake compared to them.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Sounds like some people need something better to do in their lives that get mad at people for going more than 1mph in a no wake zone. I pretty regularly see 30-50ft twin/triple/quad motor
offshore boats going pretty quick through the no wake zone. I never had any issues but I can promise my little 24ft Yamaha throws to wake compared to them.
I prefer them going quick and on plane. Some of these large yacht style boats create tsunamis at 5mph.

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I’m the guy who got the citation. That day boats were passing me up but my boat gives the appearance of creating a wake. But it’s not a wake. It’s churning white water. I’m making a video for my Sept.4 court date. In the video I’ll demonstrate this and show how other boats pass me on by while in all three levels of that mode. Will probably try to film with the police present somehow without get another ticket.
@sunburned ....a couple of years ago we got a ticket in a no wake zone. The Admiral had been filming a group of white swans. The swans were swimming through the water faster than our boat. As we approached the Officers who had motioned us to come to their boat (a couple of 24 year olds) one said "see there is a wake" ....as the frickin' swans passed us. We represented ourselves. I told the judge that I was using the minimum speed to safely maintain control and showed a 5 kilometers per hour screen grab. Judge had the look of (heard this all before) until I asked if I could show him a brief video. He said OK (but looked like he really didn't care) then when he saw the swans pass us while the officer was telling me we were "speeding" he started laughing and asked me if the swans got tickets too. He said to me "You are under oath - are you telling me you used the minimum speed possible to maintain safe care and control of your boat?" "Yes, your Honor", I replied. Case dismissed. Don't get me wrong there are three police officers in my family and I want boating laws enforced but 99% of the boaters in my area would say that the "no wake" laws need to be re-written while 99% of sail boaters and cottage owners want all boats banned with a particular hate on for wake board/surf boats. :cool:

Last edited:

cgcaraway

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've been griped out once by an old-timer in an NWZ. I was only going 4 mph and it pissed me off. I have however learned to keep my boat around 3 mph using neutral and forward first detent. I am also working the neutral and forward. I also use this technique when pulling onto the lift. I feel I have more control this way and am going slow enough to where if we get pushed we can safely grab dock. 4 mph was to hot for us to come into our slip.

Theryan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've never had an issue in no wake zone and no wake mode. I also usually am able to use it in the lowest setting (calm water and big fins). But even that being said, I get passed by people all of the time in NWZ that then throw big enough waves to rock my boat.

It's pretty ridiculous.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I think we have so many boaters and boaters that blatantly break the law - they don't mess with people going slow. Just two weekends ago we saw a guy doing probably 70+ in a no wake zone (also in a few feet of water).

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I think we have so many boaters and boaters that blatantly break the law - they don't mess with people going slow. Just two weekends ago we saw a guy doing probably 70+ in a no wake zone (also in a few feet of water).
I did this about a month ago - WOT through all the no wake zones. But there was a thunderstorm coming in and I had seen lighting very close. I'll take the ticket vs. getting caught out there.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I did this about a month ago - WOT through all the no wake zones. But there was a thunderstorm coming in and I had seen lighting very close. I'll take the ticket vs. getting caught out there.
I agree here. It was pretty damn sunny when they did it. We also see it quite often hanging out at the sand bar..... real annoying because it rocks every boat pretty hard. Then when FWC comes by at 60 to catch them - we get another roll of waves.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Chain O Lakes in Waupaca has four lakes that allow speed that are interconnected by a dozen no-wake lakes. In order to get to one lake to board, you have to pass through another lake that's no-wake. I'm usually in NWM 1 or 2, still get the stink eye. I think people assume and hate on boats that look nice / have towers / external speaker pods. Which is fine, because I hate on pretentious a**holes with pontoons and kayaks. May they all get swimmers itch in their d**k holes.
We were having a beer at Indian Crossing there, and everyone who was tied up along the bar area was bitching when people would come past. They should see the river by me when it's wide-open!

Theryan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I agree here. It was pretty damn sunny when they did it. We also see it quite often hanging out at the sand bar..... real annoying because it rocks every boat pretty hard. Then when FWC comes by at 60 to catch them - we get another roll of waves.
The sandbar people bother me to no end.

The other weekend we were anchored at a sandbar and it was all of the usual 19-24ish footers out playing music and having drinks, and some old guy in a massive yacht decided to come rolling by way too fast, then cruised into the tiny channel to get to the sandbar way too fast, and threw big enough waves to rock every single boat at an insane level.

It's like, come on. Have some common sense.

That, and the two boats that decided that social distancing (and etiquette) be damned and pulled up within a foot of my boat without checking to see if it was cool (with a ton of open space on either side) and then their friend that did the same thing at my bow so I couldn't even move...had to have some words with those asshats. Both were about to hit my boat if we hadn't been there to push them off when they came in too hot.

Anyways. Yeah. Rant over.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
We were having a beer at Indian Crossing there, and everyone who was tied up along the bar area was bitching when people would come past. They should see the river by me when it's wide-open!
LOL, yeah the ICC is a perfect spot for everyone to complain about everyone! Usually "everyone's going too fast!" until you watch them leave and they tear-ass through there.

The late comedian George Carlin had it right - “anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac”

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
This the new rant thread?

Because those damn kayaks this year are out of control. Everyone and their brother has one now and they thinks it’s a good idea to get large flotillas of 10-15 kayaks together. Then they proceed to paddle to the middle of the cove and sit there drinking and sun bathing. That’s what the beach is for :facepalm:

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m the guy who got the citation. That day boats were passing me up but my boat gives the appearance of creating a wake. But it’s not a wake. It’s churning white water. I’m making a video for my Sept.4 court date. In the video I’ll demonstrate this and show how other boats pass me on by while in all three levels of that mode. Will probably try to film with the police present somehow without get another ticket.
I have a GoPro, a DSLR, another boat to film from, and am local. Let me know how I can help!

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have a GoPro, a DSLR, another boat to film from, and am local. Let me know how I can help!
I didn’t want to ask but was hoping you would volunteer. Thank you! Let’s work on a date that works for you. I’m flexible.

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length

Because those damn kayaks this year are out of control. Everyone and their brother has one now and they thinks it’s a good idea to get large flotillas of 10-15 kayaks together. Then they proceed to paddle to the middle of the cove and sit there drinking and sun bathing. That’s what the beach is for :facepalm:

@the MfM ......saw a boat go by the other day with funny markings on the hull in a straight line below the Starboard Captain's chair.. Caught up with him and saw it was a series of kayak decals. He said "Yeah, one for every one I flip with my wake." I said "Brother there have to be 50 decals there!" He said "Yeah, then's the other side" My hero! :cool:

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
@the MfM ......saw a boat go by the other day with funny markings on the hull in a straight line below the Starboard Captain's chair.. Caught up with him and saw it was a series of kayak decals. He said "Yeah, one for every one I flip with my wake." I said "Brother there have to be 50 decals there!" He said "Yeah, then's the other side" My hero! :cool:
Everywhere you go, there's someone causing problems. We like to go out and have fun and drive around like we're on a jetski in open water, but we don't like to be annoyed so we ensure we're NOT annoying to others at all times.

Speaking of that, allegedly a boater was recently located and charged for swamping boats. Allegedly he was photographed deliberately creating large wakes to annoy boaters and/or kayakers in a calm locale. This kind of activity is illegal. Court date is pending.

And NO it wasn't us!
:)

Edit for missing word...ack!

Last edited:

Rowdie

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is crazy to me. If it’s a channel I often push past the highest nonwake setting and still get passed by plenty of boats and most boats regardless of speed are throwing bigger wake.

If I sit at the top setting traffic will back up behind me and start to cause issues.

off the top of my head highest no wake setting will run motors at 2800 speed reading 5.1 mph.

210sx 2018.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I Fing hate kayakers, they have the whole damn river by us, with a 4” draft, and they sit in the channel like assholes.