• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Anyone Rent Out Their Boats?

Freezer41

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Has anyone listed their boat on one of those for rent by owner type of sites? (boatbound) I don't know if I could do it. I'd be worried the whole time someone had her out.

You can't take a deposit big enough to make it comfortable.

<<un-like>> I could not imagine renting out my boat. I let folks/friends take my Waverunner for a spin anytime they want, Friends can take the helm if they want......But seeing her get towed away by someone for a few bucks...no way !!.... Add in the steering and operational differences with a jetboat and its no &^%&% way...

My boat is listed, but as captained only. Know way I would let it go out of my site without me. I figure if someone wants to rent my boat then it's another way for me to get out on the water. No takers this year.

Absolutely no way I would rent it out, I won't even let someone take the helm unless I'm standing there to give advice or they are an experienced jetboater.

I'd rent out the girlfriend before the boat.

Pictures and price sheet please (For others of course, I'm happily married!)

No way I'd rent mine out. I'll let people pilot it when I'm on it or being towed by it, but there's no way I'd ever let even a good friend use it for a day without me. There are just too many differences between these boats and others that it wouldn't be worth the added grey hairs nor the ulcers for a few $$$.

We have been kicking around renting out the lakehouse as the build comes to completion after 4 long years. This year we went for almost a month without using it do to a 10 day trip to Disney. Why not make some income on it while it is sitting idol. We even considered use of the boat as a kicker and bump the price up to compensate.

Well. . . . . we thought about it and talked through it for about 2 minutes before we realized we would NEVER allow it. Way too much risk for too little reward. Like @Big Shasta said . . . . .After all the work I put in to the house, and the boat (plus the money I spent on them) there isn't a deposit big enough to make us comfortable enough.

We have been kicking around renting out the lakehouse as the build comes to completion after 4 long years. This year we went for almost a month without using it do to a 10 day trip to Disney. Why not make some income on it while it is sitting idol. We even considered use of the boat as a kicker and bump the price up to compensate.

Well. . . . . we thought about it and talked through it for about 2 minutes before we realized we would NEVER allow it. Way too much risk for too little reward. Like @Big Shasta said . . . . .After all the work I put in to the house, and the boat (plus the money I spent on them) there isn't a deposit big enough to make us comfortable enough.

I like the idea of a boat to make a lakehouse look appealing though...a small center console or something. Just a small outboard. I bet you would pay for a cheap boat the first season you rented it and then make some good money.

After all the work/$$$ I put into the house I dont want to rent that either. The thought of what a renter could do over the course of a week makes me sick. . . . . . :wtf:

True that. People have no respect for other folks stuff.

I can say, be selective and it could be huge. I found an ad on CRAIGSLIST a few years ago to rent a boat. My family and 5 other families went in on the weekend rental. We enjoyed the boat, had zero issues with it etc. Me being me had more fuel in it, washed and vacuumed it etc. Owner gave me the $600 deposit back immediately with a handshake and a note, "it's far cleaner now than when you picked it up, ThanK you!"

That man made $500 and gave up nothing but a weekend without the boat when he wasn't going to use it anyway. Granted I showed up with my Excursion, wife and daughter and clearly was the type you'd want to rent to, but still, it was a huge win for him and being split between my other friends families on the trip it wasn't outrageous for us financially.

Last edited:
Never heard the quote, "drive it like a rental"? It's common nature for a majority of people to not look after material items that are not their own.
Also add common ignorance, I was coming back down Peace River once and passed what I recognised as a rental from a local company. I could see he was having trouble navigating, so he decided to follow another boater, me. I didn't know wether to stop and help or just let him carry on alone because I was cutting across the shallows due to having jet drive. I was cringing, I kept looking back expecting to see him run aground, thankfully he didn't.

Back