• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR-250 Speakers / Stereo

Jeebus

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello, my boat is still in winter hibernation up here in michigan, but im wanting to start gathering parts for audio upgrades. Are all the speakers in the 250 model 6.5" and is there only 6?

Does the factory audio system have RCA outputs to install an aftermarket amplifier? if so, where can i tie into them at?

Thanks for all the help!

LakesideLaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
following - looking for same to upgrade and add on an amplifier (hopefully straight swap or tie in) in my AR250. Should have it in next couple of days.

TampaJet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They are 5.5", we replaced all of them with JL M6's. The existing amp was fine (2021 Yamaha AR250).

Gooch

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@tamapajet, when you replaced the speakers, did you have issues upsizing. Specifically, was there any clearance issues going wider?

LakesideLaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wiring? Did you replace the wiring as well or just do a straight swap of the speakers using existing wiring?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
They are 5.5", we replaced all of them with JL M6's. The existing amp was fine (2021 Yamaha AR250).
Are you sure they are 5.5".....or are you referring to the hole they are installed into? A 6.5" speaker installs into a 5.5" hole.

Gooch

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks Julian, I didn’t know that. I was trying to figure out how a few of the speakers fit if the hole needs to be expanded. Some is the speakers on the 250 are placed where it looks like it would be difficult to make the speaker hole any bigger.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks Julian, I didn’t know that. I was trying to figure out how a few of the speakers fit if the hole needs to be expanded. Some is the speakers on the 250 are placed where it looks like it would be difficult to make the speaker hole any bigger.
Yeah....they tailor the speaker areas pretty close in some spots. People have been able to squeeze in larger speakers in some spots, but the 250s are so new I've not seen anyone do that yet.

TampaJet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry! They are 6.5". It was simple remove and replace.

Joe02

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
Sorry! They are 6.5". It was simple remove and replace.
How do the new JLs sound? Big upgrade from stock?

I'm in St Pete, maybe we'll see you at the soundbar.

TampaJet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Huge upgrade! Shoot me a text next time you’re out. 813-830-8428 Jimmy Falcon

Acewhole

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
TampaJet,

Which M6 did you go with? On crutchfield there are a ton of different ones. Also did you use the stock wiring? Thanks

TampaJet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
TampaJet,

Which M6 did you go with? On crutchfield there are a ton of different ones. Also did you use the stock wiring? Thanks
We used these. Yes, stock wiring. There is a model without the LED backlight AFAIR

ddonoso

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
You only replaced the speakers?

I want to do the same, I was not sure if that would make a difference.

Did you do something else ?

TampaJet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They are plenty loud for us without an aftermarket amp.

TampaJet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The factory installed wet sounds amp has a proprietary wiring harness, there is a forum member that makes an adapter harness for a standard amp if you want to go that route….which is one of the reasons we didn’t want to go aftermarket. The speakers were plug and play and do the job.

Jdorta

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The factory installed wet sounds amp has a proprietary wiring harness, there is a forum member that makes an adapter harness for a standard amp if you want to go that route….which is one of the reasons we didn’t want to go aftermarket. The speakers were plug and play and do the job.
Did the screw holes align for you?

Jdorta

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I just was looking at my 2021 AR250 amp and it is strange. My amplifier seems to have 4 input RC channels and 4 output speaker wire channels. The strange thing is that there is a 5th and 6th channel that is labled as an out put with RC jacks. I spoke to an installer today and he told me that the output works as a pass through.

I have been on a separate string on this forum and it appears that most of our boats come with a form of the HTX-4 with four input channels and 4 output channels, and from what I had seen in those strings it seems that they tend to have to pull the system out and rewire the Yamaha harness from the Connext to the amp in order to get to RCA's.

for some reason my 2021 has a Wetsounds with all of the RCA's on it already.

I also checked on my speakers and they are ASA Electronics speakers and not Wetsound speakers. These ASA speakers are mounted using 4 screws. My thought is to try an upgrade set of speakers to replace the ASA's .

I attached some pictures that I took of the back of the amp in my 2021 AR250 (they are not good pictures but should provide an OK visual).

Are your amps in your 2021 AR250's set up differently than the ones in the pictures I just uploaded?

Attachments