• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR190 for two of us....

ExATCer

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looked and read a ton comparing the AR190 and AR195. Just the wife and I with our Bostie Max. The 195 has a significant fuel burn at 2x and only 5mph more top end so we are dropping back to the 190. Going to close on Sunday at the Tulsa Boat Show with Dick Lane Marina. Price is well below everyone else's so I am excited. Now to get ready for summer launch. Boat name is "No Filters" as it matches our approach to life...

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
good choice! I have the SX190 and I get awesome GPH and have go 42 MPH with light load of passengers. Plenty fast enough and you are right the extra 5 MPH is not worth the added fuel burn (not to mention the heat soak issue).

When I eventually upgrade to a 212 or 242 I still would look for a non super charged version.

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
yamaha 19 footer is the best bang for the buck hands down.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
glad to have you on board, update your profile with your location so we know where you're at and it will automatically add you to the member map,

Check out the FAQ section for lots of great tips and the gatherings section to find out about Texoma, Oauchita or Shelbyville

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Congratulations on the upcoming purchase! You'll love the Yamaha's! Make sure however that you're 100% sold on the 19'. My wife and I thought the same thing but after one season and a couple of trips with friends we wished we had gone bigger and eventually did during the second season. If it's within your budget then I say splurge on the bigger boat if possible. I've always heard the saying "Buy your second boat first" and I now know what they mean. Either way though, congratulations!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome Aboard and Congrats!

ExATCer

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Picking it up this weekend and supposed to be 70 degrees for the New Owners Class. Wanted to get tower speakers, light bar and GPS. Not so simple and not so inexpensive. Saving my pennies and doing it in waves....no pun intended..

Paul Paulo Pablo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats!! We're headed to the Indianapolis Boat Show for the same reason this weekend... the AR190 is in our sights. I see all those available upgrades too... trying to control myself is tough! It would be easy to end up with a $45,000 190 if I followed all those whims :)

Andy's point about the 210 is a good one though. I might have to take a peek and see if it might make sense. At the end of the day, I think budget may rule the day and we'll end up with the 190.

ExATCer

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats!! We're headed to the Indianapolis Boat Show for the same reason this weekend... the AR190 is in our sights. I see all those available upgrades too... trying to control myself is tough! It would be easy to end up with a $45,000 190 if I followed all those whims :)

Andy's point about the 210 is a good one though. I might have to take a peek and see if it might make sense. At the end of the day, I think budget may rule the day and we'll end up with the 190.
This is such a double edge sword for me. I wanted the 21' but it is just me and the wife. Friends that go to the lake are finicky to say the least. Our needsite are different as we just want to go to the coves and swim but be able to pull a tuber every once in a while. The 19' just made financial and usages sense. It also opens my budget for add ons. BUT..... after reading the Bimini theads.....ugh.