• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR210 helm seat

Chris5105

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does anyone how to remove the helm seat from the pedestal? My helm seat will only rotate about 45 degrees. There is a peg on the pedestal and a notch on the seat base that will only allow the 45 degrees of travel. I've tried unscrewing the peg but it just spins. I'm thinking if I can get the seat off I can get down in the pedestal and maybe remove the peg.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well I did change the seat pedestal on our 2007 AR210. I believe that I was made by Garelick. Here's the best that I can remember about swapping it out.

Just to let you guys know. When I purchased mine I discovered that Garelick makes two different adjustable seat posts that are 12"-17". One has an indexing feature that has a locking pin which secures the seat in 1" increments (http://garelick.com/productribbed.php?pnumber=75635), the other just slides up and down for adjustment (http://garelick.com/productribbed.php?pnumber=75535). Both are then locked down in place with a hand tightening knob.

I ordered the one without the indexing feature, but only because I had an Overtons gift card and that's the only one that they sold. It seems to work great.

Mine was an easy swap out for the original, the only thing that I had to do was drill a hole into the new pedestal for the bolt that limits the swiveling of the chair.

Here's a few pics of the old one and the new pedestal in place.

Old Pedestal2.JPG

New Pedestal7.JPG

File comment: New Pedestal Extended
New Pedestal8.JPG

How to change it out.

My bolts were easy to remove. The "nuts" must be embeded in the boat somehow. Either there's a plate mounted down there, or "blind nuts" in place.

First I removed the seat from the old post by removing this bracket. Then the seat just lifts off the pedestal.

New Pedestal5a.JPG
Then I removed the Pedestal from the boat by removing the bolts at the base.

Next I removed the bolt that limits the rotation of the chair, and pulled off this plastic bushing.

New Pedestal3.JPG

Then I positioned the new pedestal so that the handle was easy to reach when installed in the boat and drilled the new pedestal to fit the swivel limiting bolt in the correct position.

New Pedestal7 (1).JPG

Hopefully this has the information that you're looking for. Please feel free to contact me if there's any information that I left out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@itsdgm FYI....your images will only appear for someone who is logged into both sites and Brian has locked down the member tips section to only members who are logged into YJB :rolleyes:

Another controlling move....

So you will want to copy your images here if you want members here to see them.....sorry....Freedom lives here....but not everywhere....

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does anyone how to remove the helm seat from the pedestal? My helm seat will only rotate about 45 degrees. There is a peg on the pedestal and a notch on the seat base that will only allow the 45 degrees of travel. I've tried unscrewing the peg but it just spins. I'm thinking if I can get the seat off I can get down in the pedestal and maybe remove the peg.
I plan on working on this tomorrow because I want a seat that rotates 360 degrees

Chris5105

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the advice, I'm nervous to take the pedestal base from the deck, looking for an option that does not involve that. Seems like my seat design is rare. Because I haven't heard of many people having my problem.

Master-Spud

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautique
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So I'm not just dumb, does the seat really only rotate 45 degrees on the 2014 212x? Seems dumb and I swore I read somewhere it was supposed to do 180...has anyone else found a fix for this besides replacing the pedestal?

Edit: I just read the manual and it says it should rotate 180...but for the life of me I can't get mine too, seat all the way forward, all the way back, same 45 degree rotation.

Last edited:

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Master-Spud I'm not sure if yours is the same design as mine in the pics above. But mine used to be limited to about 45-90 deg rotation due to the seat hitting the side of the boat on the throttle control side and it hitting the limiter on the deck/open side. It didn't make sense to me why it wouldn't rotate all the way around so that I could face the rear of the boat and at the very least the center table. I easily corrected this by unbolting the base (6 Phillips head screws) and rotating the base counter clockwise 1/6 of the way around until the base lined up with the screw holes. This enabled the seat to swivel further in the CCW direction. Not sure if your set up is the same though.

Master-Spud

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautique
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
No problems with the screws holding after removal and being reinserted? Might give that a try, seems like an easy thing to try at least, not confident it will fix it.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No problems with the screws holding after removal and being reinserted? Might give that a try, seems like an easy thing to try at least, not confident it will fix it.
No problem with mine. It's been a few years since I've done this one but I do remember having the same concern as to how they were secured below. It seems that Yamaha must either have a metal plate down there or there's "blind nuts" embedded in the floor.

Master-Spud

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautique
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Good to know, I'll give it a try, really annoying not to be able to swivel and relax with everyone while floating

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I know this is kind of old now, but I was looking at how to get that screw out, were you able to remove it @Master-Spud?

Here's what my seat looks like for reference:
20150523_134210.jpg

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
unscrew the base from the fiberglass and rotate it 90 degrees or so and you should be able to rotate it almost 180 degrees. I did it on my last one.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
So I'm not just dumb, does the seat really only rotate 45 degrees on the 2014 212x? Seems dumb and I swore I read somewhere it was supposed to do 180...has anyone else found a fix for this besides replacing the pedestal?

Edit: I just read the manual and it says it should rotate 180...but for the life of me I can't get mine too, seat all the way forward, all the way back, same 45 degree rotation.
Yamaha mounts the base so that the seat will only rotate to the left 45 degrees, so that the back of the seat if rotated all the way wont contact the throttles potentially causing a safety issue. The seat should rotate 180 degrees, just 45 degrees to the left and 135 to the right. Just dismount the base and adjust to your liking.

Master-Spud

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautique
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I haven't actually done it... On my list of things to do... It just keeps getting pushed down the list

Rideitout

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I think you can just pull the seat off the post once you loosen the knob that tightens the seat to the post that prevents unwanted swiveling. Then you can remove that limiting screw. I just did it on my boat.

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I did it this weekend, and you are right @Rideitout. Simply loosen the knob that tightens the seat and pull it up. I had to swivel mine towards the middle of the boat and wiggled it a bit and it came right off. There simply is a locknut on the inside keeping it in place.