• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ar210 Tuning

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the good info. My 2019 TR-1s Rev limit much lower than my 2008 MR-1s did...not sure why and I don't know how aggressively they are tuned at the factory. If there is reasonable hp available in a tune I'd be interested...but maybe the fact numerous tunes aren't available speaks for itself.

How did you boost your fuel pressure?
I started to put the Brake Mean Effective Pressure BMEP (which will explain why people want to increase the rev limiter) and Horsepower is a function of Torque discussion in the reply but decided to leave that exercise to the reader...

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Not sure you can get 8000 rpm's on these TR-1's at sea level, generally. Spec is +-500. 7300 / 7600 is about it on most that I have seen, including mine on average. Maybe a bit more in the early spring when it is cool out, but not much. I am around 250-300 ft. above sea level. Everything on mine is dialed in as well, I have screwed with it enough. Would love to get them to run at 8000.
At 5000’ MSL before I changed the impellers I was barely getting 6900-7000, 7100 on a cool day with just me in the boat, with four-five people in the boat 6900 and 29-30 mph, with 6 people in the boat and towing big Mable with two people, it would barely get on plane on a hot summer day. Pretty abysmal.

With the high altitude impellers at 5000’ MSL the engines are spinning around 7500-7700 give or take depending on density altitude. With five people on the boat now, full fuel and gear at the 5000’ lake 37-38 mph. At 2965’ MSL the engines are spinning 7900-8000, 8000 on cooler days. With four to five people on board at this lake, same load as above I'm running 41mph, with just two people 43 mph. I did not get a chance to test the “boat load” while towing last summer with the high altitude impellers.

With a slight re pitch it’s pretty easy to pick up 500 rpm’s.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I guess i meant with stock impeelers

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
This is the only vid I think I’ve ever seen where a stock set up spun up to 8000…. Looks like a very cold at this lake. 1000’ msl.