• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR240 battery connection

h8bogez

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
NA
I bought a 2017 AR240 in September last year. I pulled the batteries for the winter and I even took a picture of the wiring before I did. As luck would have it, I got new phone and the picture wasn't pulled from the old phone.

The manual has a 1"x 1" picture of the wiring for the dual batteries, which is hard to tell which negative wires go on which batteries.

I ran the boat this past weekend but I have a couple of questions. I am afraid I wired this incorrectly.

1) Both my house and starter switches need to be turned on for anything to work. If my starter switch is off but house turned on, no electronics work. Does someone have a clearer diagram of the wiring?

2) DVSR lead...I have searched multiple threads. I have seen this wire attached to the house and starter battery. The label says connect to the "common" battery, which is what starter or house?

3) Lastly, I have a ProMariner 12 dual bank charger to install. The plan is to take the boat from storage to my driveway and charge overnight before a trip out. Do I need to mess around with cutting the DVSR red wire? The charger will never be plugged in for more than 48 hours. In the winter the batteries are put into my basement and put on individual battery tenders.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide,
Chris

seadude

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
These pictures show the wiring of the two batteries in my 242.
Exact layout varies depending on how the dealer rigs them, but the important things to note are all of the grounds end up being common due to the cross over cable including the sensor cable, and the positive cable connections are all that determine which battery is House vs Start. Most common issues are not connecting one of the ground leads or the crossover.

IMG_0113.JPG

IMG_0112.JPG

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
1) Both my house and starter switches need to be turned on for anything to work. If my starter switch is off but house turned on, no electronics work. Does someone have a clearer diagram of the wiring?

2) DVSR lead...I have searched multiple threads. I have seen this wire attached to the house and starter battery. The label says connect to the "common" battery, which is what starter or house?

3) Lastly, I have a ProMariner 12 dual bank charger to install. The plan is to take the boat from storage to my driveway and charge overnight before a trip out. Do I need to mess around with cutting the DVSR red wire? The charger will never be plugged in for more than 48 hours. In the winter the batteries are put into my basement and put on individual battery tenders.
1- I'm surprised you can't start the boat with the house turned off...but perhaps you have a Connext screen?
2-Doesn't matter which neg post it is on as both neg terminals are linked to each other. I actually added a negative bus bar in my boat and connected all the neg wires to that, then just ONE wire from that to each negative post on each battery - cleaner install that way.
3-I guess it depends on how depleted you think the batteries will be. I have a dual bank charger and didn't cut the wire - what this can mean is that you might only charge one battery at a time...but for me, mine are never that depleted, and also are on the battery for a week between uses.

h8bogez

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
NA
Thank you for the quick replies guys. I was over thinking the negative leads, the crossover negative lead makes sense that they are all grounded at that point. I will mess around with switching the negative leads more, maybe that is my issue with house power not coming on only by itself. The loop is interrupted with starter switch off.

LeeMan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you for the quick replies guys. I was over thinking the negative leads, the crossover negative lead makes sense that they are all grounded at that point. I will mess around with switching the negative leads more, maybe that is my issue with house power not coming on only by itself. The loop is interrupted with starter switch off.
Did you ever find a fix for this? I have the exact same problem. I have both batteries fully charged to 13.14 volts and with house only switch on i do not get power on connext unless i turn start power on. Before i could get connext power and start the boat with the emergency parallel on and house switch on but now it does not do that. The dsvr wire goes to the house neg and i have a neg jumper that ties the neg terminals together on both batteries.

h8bogez

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
NA
I still have the same issue. I’ve just learned to deal with it.

Mike Clark

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So, you have two main positive leads (red) and two main ground leads, (black) 1 main ground jumper,(black) 1 red DVSR wire and 1 small black ground wire.

Obviously one main positive and ground to each battery, ground jumper to the negative of each battery, DVSR red to "house battery" positive terminal. Small black ground to negative of house battery.

You should be able to turn off the Start battery and have power at Connext screen, If you try this and it does not work, switch the positive leads on the batteries, could be they are backward based on the switches.

This the way mine are wired.

h8bogez

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
NA
Good stuff Mike, thank you. I will play with the battery connections some more before winterizing and storing the batteries.