• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR240 with seadek installed today

scubarick314

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finally got my seadek installed today. It took about 5 hours from start to finish not counting breaks. I'm pleased with the results knowing that if lines are not perfect it is due to the installer (me). I'm glad I didn't get the faux teak. My OCD could not have taken the misalignment. image.jpegimage.jpeg

piney1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Finally got my seadek installed today. It took about 5 hours from start to finish not counting breaks. I'm pleased with the results knowing that if lines are not perfect it is due to the installer (me). I'm glad I didn't get the faux teak. My OCD could not have taken the misalignment. View attachment 39794View attachment 39795
I got the faux teak and it also took about 5 hours, mainly because my ADD is terrible. I'm almost done, did all the floors and rear part but still have to remove the factory brown stuff and that is not a quick process. Mine has the brown/beige interior so the teak look is good on my end. I do like how it feels on the feet as opposed to the fiberglass. Since I live on pluff mud, the factory Berber looking carpets were never going to be used.

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
And u saved ur self over 100 by not going with teak

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I had my whole boat done as well but in the grey teak. Must say that I like non-teak better after seeing this so not sure I can thank you for sharing:banghead:. I will have to take some photos so folks can compare before they buy.

Quick cleaning tip; use a pressure washer with a wide angle tip. Removes most everthing since it is closed cell.

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
does the seadeck just cover the snaps that are there?

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Some...you can fill them

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm a little confused so please point me in the right direction !! My 2016 AR240 is the Yacht Blue exterior which I believe has the storm gray faux teak already installed on the rear deck ? If I want to do the cockpit kit will it match the existing Seadek on the rear? In other words , is there any reason for me to tear up the brand new Seadek and replace it ? I don't like the hot carpet in the cockpit and would love to get by in the $500 - $600 range. If I were starting from scratch would most likely do the same as Scubarick and stay away from faux. It really looks good. I wonder if anyone has ever left the factory faux teak on the rear deck and installed the two tone (gray/black) with border in the cockpit ?? Just kicking around ideas and would welcome anyone's opinion (positive or negative) ?

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm a little confused so please point me in the right direction !! My 2016 AR240 is the Yacht Blue exterior which I believe has the storm gray faux teak already installed on the rear deck ? If I want to do the cockpit kit will it match the existing Seadek on the rear? In other words , is there any reason for me to tear up the brand new Seadek and replace it ? I don't like the hot carpet in the cockpit and would love to get by in the $500 - $600 range. If I were starting from scratch would most likely do the same as Scubarick and stay away from faux. It really looks good. I wonder if anyone has ever left the factory faux teak on the rear deck and installed the two tone (gray/black) with border in the cockpit ?? Just kicking around ideas and would welcome anyone's opinion (positive or negative) ?
@JetBoatPilot - should be able to confirm. . . . but as long as you order the same color there shouldn't be much discrepancy. At least none that you would notice from the swim platform to the interior (since it's not right next to each other).

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Looks GREAT Jose. Just ordered my cockpit kit and a few optional pieces from JBP this week. They told me about 3-4 weeks on shipping but after seeing your finished product I'm convinced it was the right decision.

Jose galvez

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks it's all worth it. The look and feel are great. One word of advise. As you are installing it don't stretch the pieces. If you do they will pull back once the sun hits it and you will have large open spaces were placed them.

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Just curious what you used to fill the holes left by the carpet snap removal ? How tough is it to work with and is it visible around the SeaDek ?

Jose galvez

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I used 5200 the one that dries in 24 hours. I had time. You shouldn't have that much of an issue removing them, you will need a good Philips head bit and a drill. You will have to pack a lunch if you do it with a screw driver. I had a problem with the one's on the inner side of both chairs. I ended up drilling them out they were solid but after that everything ok. As to them showing the ones around the tank show and the ones behind the chairs show but do a good job flattening them down and you will really need to look for them. You should be fine. Remember to mark. And use Acetone.

asevie

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here is mine. Took me about 3 hours. Removing snaps and clean up.
Looks fantastic! I’m getting a little confused with the different options and colors, yours is the one I’m looking for. Which product was this one?

JTC1016

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I used 5200 the one that dries in 24 hours. I had time. You shouldn't have that much of an issue removing them, you will need a good Philips head bit and a drill. You will have to pack a lunch if you do it with a screw driver. I had a problem with the one's on the inner side of both chairs. I ended up drilling them out they were solid but after that everything ok. As to them showing the ones around the tank show and the ones behind the chairs show but do a good job flattening them down and you will really need to look for them. You should be fine. Remember to mark. And use Acetone.
Did you have to remove chairs? If so how did you do it?

Jose galvez

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes the chairs will have to be removed but not the chair mounts. Just look for the levers and lift the whole chair.