• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR250 top speed and cruising speed

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
you can always buy a midnght express to hit 80mph, lol, this aint speed boats you arr looking at the wrong boats, the yamahas look fast but it will be 46 to 48 on the 252,. immo tell you at these speeds it will go faster than lot of the other boats on the water but you want faster? HP cost money open the wallet and dont even look at the yamaha dealers... a quick stop at Tahoe you will see go fast boats or stop by miami poker runs to get an idea

Last edited:

vancampen787

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
Lake Erie - so about 500 feet above SL. Stock Engines - Only mod I have done so far is the Stoltz Bow roller - Cobra Jet Steering system should arrive today for me to bolt on. So no ribbon delete - and to my point - these engines have room for performance.
Hope your having fun on your 250! I have the 23 ar250 with cobra jet fins which I installed before going out the first time. I am hoping you can help let me know if what I notice is normal. I run on fresh water susquahanna river and a NY finger lake. I've noticed a slight pull to the right which I am making adjustments to the nozzle alignments and rudder which I found seems to have a slight elbow in it which is strange. I also noticed the turning radius is wide and seems to be a lot wider than the old ar210. I am seeing 44 give or take top speed

I appreciate your help.

jcb1977

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hope your having fun on your 250! I have the 23 ar250 with cobra jet fins which I installed before going out the first time. I am hoping you can help let me know if what I notice is normal. I run on fresh water susquahanna river and a NY finger lake. I've noticed a slight pull to the right which I am making adjustments to the nozzle alignments and rudder which I found seems to have a slight elbow in it which is strange. I also noticed the turning radius is wide and seems to be a lot wider than the old ar210. I am seeing 44 give or take top speed

I appreciate your help.
I was also getting a pull to the right (also installed cobra before first outing)......my rudder also has a curve to it and have been adjusting that more to the Port side to offset the pull. my last time out, it seemed much better but there was a strong wind with alot of chop that day so couldn't get a good feel for it. I saw a top speed of 48 with two adults, two kids, and maybe 40% fuel but it was pretty choppy/windy so I felt like there is more speed there in calmer conditions. I haven't noticed that much of a difference in turning radius from my old 210 but I'll pay more attention next time out.

jcb1977

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

I appreciate your help.
forgot to mention, i was topping out at only about 7200RPM's also.....I need to check the throttle stops and make sure they're properly adjusted. My oil is about halfway between full and fill holes but maybe if I lower that a little i'll get a few more hundred RPM's out of it that way as well.

chippens

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Over 49, just me on board, felt like 80% throttle

sastocky

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
‘21 AR250 here…46 mph with 6 on board and full tank.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Couple weekends with the boat - 46-48 consistently is what I am getting. 2 people and about half a tank and I saw 48 on the speedo. 46 seems to be pretty consistent with any load over 2 - up to 8 adults I have had and about 70% fuel load and we were pegged WOT at 46 sustained - calm bay day.

Have not done the ribbon delete yet... not sure I am going to given how consistent the boat is... and hole shots are on fire - leaps out of the water for sure.
Don’t know if you are hitting max rpm or not, but I highly recommend the RIVA K&N style air filters, on my boat that netted me a 200 rpm increase on both of my TR-1 engines. Way easier than removing the ribbons.

sastocky

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length