• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Are your slip prices going up?

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My boat slip has gone up $1300 in three years. This seems like they’re taking advantage of the good economy and the population boom here. When I moved here five years ago it was only $2300 a year which was reasonable. I live on a fixed retirement pension so this plus gas is starting to hurt the wallet. I don’t want to trailer to a boat ramp because I go out by myself a lot and it’s a pain in the butt. Sadly the reason I moved down here was to boat most of the year and now I’m having thoughts of selling it and the lift. When the economy craps out I think their going to have a lot of empty slips from being greedy. Did any of you have your slips go up this much in three years?

No, Our slip price is already high for the area. 35' finger, shore power and other fees about $5100, for a 5 month season, but we have private parking, security an outdoor tented bar and grille at the marina on the Burlington waterfront. The slip price has stayed the same over the last couple of years, however the shore power charge has increased.

20220313_103445.jpg

Last edited:
I know that the marina at my local lake raised the slip prices a fair bit. I know a few people that left. In my opinion, I feel the owners raised their rates to get what they consider undesirables out of the marina. Boats that have fallen into disrepair/neglected boats and people who do not frequent the marina store and gas pump. After last season I was looking into getting a slip but after the price hike, I looked elsewhere and was able to find a nice enclosed storage unit at a great price about 2 miles from the lake.

Yes. Prices go up a bit every year for us. Nothing terrible. Convenience of drive up and go still worth it.

Ours went up a couple of hundred to 2300/year.

Ours went up a couple of hundred to 2300/year.
Holy shit. Is that covered? With water and electricity? Ours is over 5k a year.

$2300 a year - includes water and electric, but not covered….and a pool and washrooms within a couple hundred feet.

@Weeb, perhaps a smaller boat like a 195S would be more easily manageable to trailer? $3600 is indeed a high cost for a relatively small boat (under 25') but my guess is there is greater demand than supply for boats on your lake. If the slips are full now, I wouldn't forsee much of a change in the next couple of years. While I think some "covid" boaters may sell their boats, others folks will buy them, so the demand for dockage may not change.

Jim

$2300 a year - includes water and electric, but not covered….and a pool and washrooms within a couple hundred feet.
Ah yes. Uncovered is much cheaper

Ours went up this year too. We're now paying $950 for a 24' slip with power & water, not covered. That is for the summer/fall (usually 5 to 6 months) here in Michigan. We have a picnic pavilion area with grill, and newly refurbished washrooms with showers. The gas dock across the canal is a gas station on the main road, and on Wednesdays they have boat gas at par with road gas. Gets pretty busy!

In salt water, wet slipping is not an option for jet boats if you know what i mean. Our other option is dry storage with boat insertion from forklift. Which runs in the 500 month catagorie. I choose neither b/c its to expensive for that service . I have covered shelter at the house and trailer to my destination.

Last edited:
This will be my first year of boating on Lake Lanier. I chose a marina that is less than a mile from the house. I wanted to wet slip but the waiting list was "substantial"
I am going to try their dry stack this year and hope for a wet slip next year. But I am paying $4205 from April-April. There was an upcharge for the tower on the FSH, but I don't think that was too much to get access to a courtesy dock, and be able to leave it on the water for a weekend using the courtesy docks.

This will be my first year of boating on Lake Lanier. I chose a marina that is less than a mile from the house. I wanted to wet slip but the waiting list was "substantial"
I am going to try their dry stack this year and hope for a wet slip next year. But I am paying $4205 from April-April. There was an upcharge for the tower on the FSH, but I don't think that was too much to get access to a courtesy dock, and be able to leave it on the water for a weekend using the courtesy docks.
Welcome neighbor. I'm contemplating going to a storage facility near Charleston park and just drop it in

I could dry stack but I would have to put the tower up and down every time and wouldn’t have shore power for the batterie.

I wouldn't 100% discount trailering. As someone who un-loads and loads a boat solo ( a few times a week) - it really isn't that much a PITA once you figure out a system that works for you. At this point it's almost easier to do it my self then with help.

Also all these prices are cheap. Minimum $400 a month for the 252 here.

@Weeb, perhaps a smaller boat like a 195S would be more easily manageable to trailer? $3600 is indeed a high cost for a relatively small boat (under 25') but my guess is there is greater demand than supply for boats on your lake. If the slips are full now, I wouldn't forsee much of a change in the next couple of years. While I think some "covid" boaters may sell their boats, others folks will buy them, so the demand for dockage may not change.

Jim
They always had a few empty slips when I first got here 5 years ago. They filled up when the economy got good. I would get beat up in a smaller boat with all the chop when it’s prime time there’s a lot of big boats on lake Norman. But that does give me something to think about. The north end of the lake has a little less traffic.

I wouldn't 100% discount trailering. As someone who un-loads and loads a boat solo ( a few times a week) - it really isn't that much a PITA once you figure out a system that works for you. At this point it's almost easier to do it my self then with help.

Also all these prices are cheap. Minimum $400 a month for the 252 here.
I use to trailer 40 years ago. I guess I got spoiled just driving there and dropping the lift lol. But now the slip alone is my boating budget and the gas prices have doubled. You’re right though I can figure out a system its just dealing with all the idiots at the busy boat ramp.

I use to trailer 40 years ago. I guess I got spoiled just driving there and dropping the lift lol. But now the slip alone is my boating budget and the gas prices have doubled. You’re right though I can figure out a system its just dealing with all the idiots at the busy boat ramp.

That certainly can be a challenge, and I had to learn some patience for sure. You will increase your gas expenditure but I am sure that is far offset by slip fees.

If you go that route and need some ideas/tips to do it yourself let me know.

don't have a slip, but I do store my boat at an off site, indoor storage facility and the rates there have gone up as well.

Back