• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Artemis launch

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
400k to watch the launch-it's amazing that rockets and loud flying things can draw crowds like they do. We had a crowd of around 69k for a Concorde visit back in 98' that blocked I-94 and made the governor late for the showing. Bucket list item is to see a rocket launch one of these days!
I would love to see one as well. The ultimate bucket list is flying to space though. I think it will be common in the next 20-30 years.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would love to see one as well. The ultimate bucket list is flying to space though. I think it will be common in the next 20-30 years.

I don't, but I wish it was. The energy costs are just far too high, and we aren't making any advancements in actually generating more energy, we have been focused on shell games of using coal in China to make "green" products for the US.

Then there's the question of how to use electrical power to make rocket fuel.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
400k to watch the launch-it's amazing that rockets and loud flying things can draw crowds like they do. We had a crowd of around 69k for a Concorde visit back in 98' that blocked I-94 and made the governor late for the showing. Bucket list item is to see a rocket launch one of these days!
We were talking about this at work the other day. Lau ches have become sort of routine here, sometimes we are driving back from the store and like "oh there goes a launch". It's become so common I think a lot of locals forget how unique and special it really is.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Looks to be pushed out til mid October?

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Looks to be pushed out til mid October?
I’m not sure when is the resched launch but when I woke and tuned in they said 2 hour behind on fuel load I knew it will be canceled lol. Those that want to travel too see launch space x have little to no reschedule lately any other keep rescheduling

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I’m not sure when is the resched launch but when I woke and tuned in they said 2 hour behind on fuel load I knew it will be canceled lol. Those that want to travel too see launch space x have little to no reschedule lately any other keep rescheduling
I read one report that said Monday as a possibility…

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That's unfortunate, but also a good thing. Better to scrub the launch than have an issue.

And SpaceX scrubs ALL THE TIME. Scrubs happen for tons of reasons, bad weather in a bailout area, mechanical issues, all kinds of reasons. SpaceX is no less susceptible to issues that force a scrub than anyone else.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Would really like to see a launch some day in person. Been on my bucket list all my life. It was my dream, right out of High School, to be a Physicist and that was the career path I was on. Life changed that path but space exploration fascinates me still.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Would really like to see a launch some day in person. Been on my bucket list all my life. It was my dream, right out of High School, to be a Physicist and that was the career path I was on. Life changed that path but space exploration fascinates me still.
You and me both…I remember my parents talking about going to see one of the Apollo launches, I think they were planning on us all going to see one of the last three missions but the surprise cancellations of those missions thwarted that.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I understand the fascination. I am lucky enough to live out this dream. We were all set to watch the launch from the boat about 23 miles south of the pad.
Is there a sand bar around there one can anchor at? That'd be awesome...

TeenGee

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Is there a sand bar around there one can anchor at? That'd be awesome...
We anchor near Brady Island (on Garmin). There is a very popular sand bar just to the south near Bird and Little Bird Islands which is too busy for our tastes. There are also spoil Islands to the North near the Port Canaveral locks which have an excellent view of KSC.

dbfl

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There's a large area of deep-enough water (4-6' at least) north and east of the NASA Parkway/hw 405 bridge across the Indian River, easily seen on charts. Another local long-time boater pointed it out to me as a "lake." That lets me get 2-3 miles closer to the most-used pads. vs. watching from the bank along hwy. 1. When departing the channel you do need to pick a line between the tiny spoil islands in a dotted line immediately to the east. The north end of that "lake" is only eight miles as the crow files to LC-39B and closer than that to other often-used pads.

Another good spot I noted for Artemis was the east end of Haulover canal. Looking south into the Mosquito Lagoon there's LC-39B again, clear line of sight at 10.7 miles without even heading into the relatively shallow Lagoon.

Can0n11

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
On the way down to Vero Beach a while back I flew the NASA "loop" VFR flight corridor which was pretty cool from the air. Partial overcast day but interesting vantage point from the air.

1662476765731.jpeg

Last edited:

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
On the way down to Vero Beach a while back I flew the NASA "loop" VFR flight corridor which was pretty cool from the air. Patial overcast day but interesting vantage point from the air.

View attachment 187462
It's really hard to convey how large that building is. I took this picture from right next to it a few years ago when I was there to watch the launch of one of our payloads. Notice how TINY the service vans look in the parking lot. Even this picture doesn't do it justice. I'm over a 1/4mile away from it in this image, and it still looks like I'm standing right next to it.

1662478450659.png

This is as close as they would let us get to the pad on launch day. About 3.35mi from my point to pad 39A.
1662478582497.png

TeenGee

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
We could see the VAB from our location on the river over 20 miles away.