• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Awesome day yesterday......!!!!!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So I'm on my way out to look at the galvanized trailer that @bronze_10 is selling and my wife calls me. The conversation went something like this....

Her..."Where are you?"
Me..."On my way to look at that trailer I told you about..."
Her..."Why? I thought you said we were getting a new boat at the end of the season...won't it come with a new trailer too?"
Me.....speechless......

The key word in that sentence being "we"....but the whole sentence is freaking awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course now I have to find the right boat!!!!! And half the fun is the hunt for it, which if you know me, might take a year!!! LOL

That's awesome! Love conversations like that!

Did you get that in writing or recorded?

I'd have to have it notarized if my wife said that:-)

did you go look at the trailer still ?

What did you slip into her food to have it be her idea, and more importantly where can I get some?

Smart wife @Julian. She figured, either he spends money on a new trailer NOW, or he spends a year or two dreaming about the perfect boat to buy. :winkingthumbsup"

did you go look at the trailer still ?

I did, and nearly bought it anyway! But I have too many upgrades I'd have swap off my current trailer that i'd forgetten about (spare tire, new heavy duty jack, LED lights, new bunks, new tires. The frame is in excellent shape....does need some work on brakes and new tires/bunks....but I have those.....which is why I ended up spending so much time with @bronze_10 looking at it......I came SO CLOSE to buying it anyway....

My biggest reason I didn't.....getting home and my wife saying....

"Well since you got a new trailer for the boat....guess you don't need a new boat anymore?"

I think I recall an episode of the Twilight Zone that began this same way...

I did, and nearly bought it anyway! But I have too many upgrades I'd have swap off my current trailer that i'd forgetten about (spare tire, new heavy duty jack, LED lights, new bunks, new tires. The frame is in excellent shape....does need some work on brakes and new tires/bunks....but I have those.....which is why I ended up spending so much time with @bronze_10 looking at it......I came SO CLOSE to buying it anyway....

My biggest reason I didn't.....getting home and my wife saying....

"Well since you got a new trailer for the boat....guess you don't need a new boat anymore?"
When julian told me what his wife said I told him to stop looking at my trailer! Go for the boat!

@Julian I would really appreciate it if you could have your wife call my wife.

Better be a new jetboat!!

Yah, she said new, not used. But I suppose a 2016 with 0 hours would be ok.

Hmmm, I hope for your sake @Julian this isn't one of those wife "mind-game" thingys I keep getting sucked in by...!

1377339_10151923047429914_1044817191_n-1.jpg

So you don't have a new trailer or a new boat yet? Wow, she's good ;)

Back