• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

awesome job with the site!

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just want to say a big thank you.I know when I originally signed up to join this site, I told myself I would check out both sites. the only problem is I spend all my time on this site. I guess it's a sign of the times but YJB is basically dead. Not a whole lot going on.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yep. I'll second that.

The biggest thing that I've learned through all of this is that It's the members that make up a site, not the admins or the content. This community is without question the reason why it's so successful. That being said, it doesn't hurt to have nicer features and guys running the site that seem to have pointed us in a better direction.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
There are still a lot of newer members on the other site and still many signing up. I don't think the other site will die quickly but it may die slowly. Only time will tell.

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I hope it does not die..A ton of research and archived knowledge over there....I wonder if there is a way to start pulling topic/repair/tips discussion and archive them over here?. tons of contributions by a lot of people...

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I hope it does not die..A ton of research and archived knowledge over there....I wonder if there is a way to start pulling topic/repair/tips discussion and archive them over here?. tons of contributions by a lot of people...
I agree @Lspeedss . I was there recently and it did look pretty slow but that could just be boaters not out of hibernation yet. I also winced at some advice and lack thereof given over there. I would like to see them continue though. I bear no grudge against the members as some of them is us.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I agree with Gym. I think the only reason that the other site is slow is due to cold conditions and most of the veterans are over here.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The majority of the knowledge over there was written by those here, and it isn't gone. So what does that leave? The community and sense of helpfulness in the membership. The features here just make it so much easier to collaborate! (but those admins are jerks!) :wtf:

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This site is AWESOME and so much more user friendly. But it would be a terrible waste if YJB just disappeared one day. The amount of information that is there makes it almost priceless.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anyone that posted how-to or instructional threads over there can easily post the same here. After all, if YOU wrote it, it is YOUR intellectual property. I wouldn't want to see people copying and pasting other members posts.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Also, if you look at the FAQ here, there isn't much left that was in the FAQ I wrote for the other site, and in fact I've been adding to the one here with more links to new threads here. So keep them coming!! If there is a thread you want added, just @Julian and I'll link it.

Suchawittygal

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I absolutely love this site, the people here, the knowledge you all have, and our logo :) this place is AWESOME!