• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Baha 230 Fisherman in the UK

Geoff Noon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hello Guys.
I just thought that I would introduce myself. I have a Baha 230 Fisherman I live in Coventry, About as far as you can get from the sea in the UK. My boat is in great condition, just needs a good wash and polish. I forgot to mention no engine or drive.
But this gives me a project. I want to put in an Alamarin AJ 230 water jet. Any thoughts on this guys. My boat has a planing hull but is very heavy. I'm looking at an OMC 4.3L engine in if I can do a deal. If anyone has something better please contact me. I'm on a budget, but really want to create an amazing boat.
I want an engine that not only looks good but sounds incredible? I'm also looking for the weather kits both the short one and also the full deck canopy.

Thoughts on the OMC? Well, any thoughts on anything?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello Guys.
I just thought that I would introduce myself. I have a Baha 230 Fisherman I live in Coventry, About as far as you can get from the sea in the UK. My boat is in great condition, just needs a good wash and polish. I forgot to mention no engine or drive.
But this gives me a project. I want to put in an Alamarin AJ 230 water jet. Any thoughts on this guys. My boat has a planing hull but is very heavy. I'm looking at an OMC 4.3L engine in if I can do a deal. If anyone has something better please contact me. I'm on a budget, but really want to create an amazing boat.
I want an engine that not only looks good but sounds incredible? I'm also looking for the weather kits both the short one and also the full deck canopy.

Thoughts on the OMC? Well, any thoughts on anything?
Welcome!
I'm not familiar with the boat, assuming it is an i/o. Any particular reason to go with jet propulsion? If this is a heavy hull, may need twin engines/drives/pumps to make it run good. If that's the case, an o/b conversion maybe way easier - basically a transom rebuilt. Just wondering.

--