• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Ballast - Aerial Bags?

Venkman

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
First post on the new site.

Does anyone have any experience with the aerial ballast bags? I noticed from the "other site" that a couple of guys had them at one time based on old threads, I think those guys are now exclusively over here.

I am looking at getting a little ballast for wakesurfing, we were surfing behind a buddy's boat, but unfortunately he sold his Tige and we want to be able to surf to some degree. I was looking at some a pair of straightline 350 bags (from either wakemakers or Overton's), but I ran across aerial's website and noticed that aerial's bags are significantly cheaper which is the reason for the post.

I read a post from another forum that talked about the aerial bags being old technology, I am not sure what that means and the post was from 2010, so I was not sure if that was still valid information. The ballast would be used maybe a dozen times during the summer so I am trying to be as cost prohibitive as possible.

There is nothing wrong with the aerial bags.....except they don't have any in stock right now. I had a couple more ordered and they ended up giving me my money back because they couldn't tell me when they would be back in stock. I have 2 550 lbs aerial bags that I use. Bullet lines (on ebay) is another alternative that is the same thing as the aerial bags, or another cheap alternative is the free motion bag on ebay. They seem to be a straightline knock off. I am going to either buy another sumo sac (straightline) 800 lb bag for my seat or a fly high 750 lb bag. That 800 lb bag is $125 on ebay right now. I have one of those in my ski locker.

Thanks for the reply. I was looking their website and H20 sports warehouse and neither of them indicate they are out of stock. That would be a crap move to not tell you until you paid for them. I am going to call their office and find out, that would make my decisions a lot easier. I do recall buying a couple of tower cans from aerial two years ago and it was the same story, took them three months to get them to me, good thing it was January.

I did put a fly high fitting to aid in filling the bag easier though. I highly recommend this fitting!!

20131230_170644.jpg

Just called both places, H20 warehouse will have them in "two weeks", I then called aerial, they said it would be at least a month (interesting since aerial is the manufacturer).

I think I am just going to go with some slightly more expensive bags.

I did put a fly high fitting to aid in filling the bag easier though. I highly recommend this fitting!!

View attachment 6022

what pump are you using? Would you be able to give more info on the fitting? I'm looking into adding ballast this summer as well and was thinking the same questions as the OP

Sure, i am using the standard t-800 Atwood pump to fill my manual fill bags. I bought these fittings through wake makers because I didn't want to mess with the water bed fittings, so I just silicone these for a more secure fit. I then just bought the adapter that screwed onto the bottom of the pump to 1/4 twist onto b the fitting then when done the cap is a 1/4 twist on. Simple.

Just called both places, H20 warehouse will have them in "two weeks", I then called aerial, they said it would be at least a month (interesting since aerial is the manufacturer).

I think I am just going to go with some slightly more expensive bags.

Can't go wrong with fly high.

I was going to reply , but I think jcyamaharider coverd it all !! LOL

I have Aerial bags and have had no issues with them. I don't use them a lot (as much as I'd like to). I plan to use my jet pump squirt gun to fill my bags (its original purpose)....could use it to fill any bag for that matter.

@Venkman welcome to the site and we look forward to hearing what you went with and if you like them!

Great Tip @jcyamaharider . I have a pair of the 350 bags, but the waterbed fitting is a pain to deal with. Everything else with the bags are great, I put one in my front floor locker and the other across the platform to get a fairly balance wave for Wakeboarding.

Do I need an adapter for each bag? Their out of stock, but I'm going to put my order in.

Happy with our Straight Line Sumo Sacs. The check valve fitting is very nice and construction seems solid.

Thanks for all the replies. I am going with the sumo sacs 350s seems like a good general purpose option.

Honestly, I'd go bigger unless you have a specific reason not to. I can fit a straight line 800 "center locker sac" under both the port and starboard cabin seats on my 2011 SX210. With one under the surf-side seat and one on the floor we were able (well...my buddies, not me) to go ropeless. Next time I think I'll move the floor one to the swimdeck to see what it does. Would be nice to not have anything on the floor in the main seating area. I may get a pair of the straight line 540s to round it out, then use one on the swimdeck and one in the space between the bow seats or on top of a surf side seat if we don't have enough "buddy ballast" occupying those seats. That way I can just leave the 800 that isn't being used under it's seat, or maybe just fill it 50% or something. 540s are like $99 each at Wakemakers.

Great Tip @jcyamaharider . I have a pair of the 350 bags, but the waterbed fitting is a pain to deal with. Everything else with the bags are great, I put one in my front floor locker and the other across the platform to get a fairly balance wave for Wakeboarding.

Do I need an adapter for each bag? Their out of stock, but I'm going to put my order in.

You would need an adapter for each bag. Just put a sealant that you want on there and let it cure for a permanent fitting.

You would need an adapter for each bag. Just put a sealant that you want on there and let it cure for a permanent fitting.
Thanks. Adapters are on their way.

:thumbsup:

@jcyamaharider - I was finally able to try the quick connect adapters last weekend and I can't believe what a huge improvement they make. I didn't have a drop of water in the boat from the bags where I could only put them on the platform before due to water coming out when disconnecting. These definitely improve the wife acceptance factor when using the ballast.

That is awesome!!!!! Glad you liked them.

Back