• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Battery Wiring Going From One to Dual Bank Charger

CDENsomnia

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hey All, I wanted to check with the group as I currently have my batteries wired up so that one charger will charge one battery and then the ACR switches to charge the other (I think I got the wiring diagram originally from the "other" site from @txav8r) .

I am now getting a dual bank charger but now can't remember what the difference in how this should be wired for what I have today vs. now that I don't need the charge to bleed over to the house battery. I am not great with electrical wiring so just looking at my wiring and looking at the suggested wiring diagram that came with the ACR is tough to find the difference. Anyone have thoughts or ideas on what the difference might be? The other option I have is to just rewire the whole thing...but would rather swap cables around so I have minimal downtime. ;)

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Can you post a drawing or picture of what you have now?

I am guessing that your batteries may currently be wired in parallel to allow usage of a single charger. This means that your two batteries are combined and acting as one battery of twice the size.

CDENsomnia

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I managed to log in to the "other" site and got the wiring diagram. Although now that I look at it I think I wired the ACR to the battery side of the switch and maybe it just needs swapped over to the load side so I can use the dual bank charger. Does that sound right based on the diagram?

ACR explanations.jpg

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Although now that I look at it I think I wired the ACR to the battery side of the switch and maybe it just needs swapped over to the load side so I can use the dual bank charger. Does that sound right based on the diagram?
You are correct...it even says that in the diagram. If you don't put it on the other side of the switch it will confuse your dual bank charger.

CDENsomnia

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yeah I saw the comment but what you didn't see was where it said there were some inaccuracies in the diagram so I wanted the smart people here to validate before I start messing with the wiring. ;) So once I swap the cables over to the load side do I hook the dual bank charger directly to the batteries?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So once I swap the cables over to the load side do I hook the dual bank charger directly to the batteries?
Yup...they should have 2 sets of wires....connect them directly to the batteries. The only down side will be if you leave the battery switches on and have the dual bank charger connected, it may only charge one battery at a time (likely).

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
You can move your two cables from the acr to switch post to the opposite posts on the switch...the load side, with all the loads. That's all you need to do. Then hook your new dual bank leads directly to each of the two batteries posts.

CDENsomnia

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks for the advice guys! Ill make it so!