• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bentley

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
WOW!! That is one awesome automobile. I love the low and sloping roofline, it give it a high class hot rod look. That engine is beautiful as well as the interior. You sure can say with that one, "They just don't build 'em like that anymore."

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Awesome looking car!

But I was surprised to see it has a Km/H speedo....pretty darn sure that isn't what the original had! Probably something to do with it being a reproduction and they were forced to follow current law....(funny that the US is the only country in the world that has not gone metric yet....and changing the Interstate highway signs to show metric is against the law)

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I feel a little dumb now about the "They don't build 'em like that anymore" comment. I didn't read the article and didn't realize it was a replica. I guess they do still make 'em like that. lol!

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sick! When I was in Palm Beach last weekend I lost count of how many Bentleys I passed and that was in the first 15 minutes.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I feel a little dumb now about the "They don't build 'em like that anymore" comment. I didn't read the article and didn't realize it was a replica. I guess they do still make 'em like that. lol!
It is a little confusing though as they replicated the frame and engine #s and everything....I guess they would??? Still an awesome looking car!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Awesome looking car!

But I was surprised to see it has a Km/H speedo....pretty darn sure that isn't what the original had! Probably something to do with it being a reproduction and they were forced to follow current law....(funny that the US is the only country in the world that has not gone metric yet....and changing the Interstate highway signs to show metric is against the law)

There is a road near me that is posted in KM's

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
There is a road near me that is posted in KM's
That is possible...doubt it is a federal highway, as what I recall (and perhaps the law I recall has expired) the feds are prohibited from paying for the the conversion of signage to Metric....that would be the illegal part. But perhaps they could buy a new sign???? And my info may be way out of date!!!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Lol. I have no idea why it's posted....maybe the housing plans in this area are loaded with Canucks. It's only a 2 mile section of a road in front of the FGCU campus in Estero Florida, for you locals if you were wondering.