• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bilge pump

Noko

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wanted to install a float activated bilge pump but I didn't see any easy way to run the drain line. I'd like the line to be near the existing bilge pump line. I can see cutting the hole in the side of the boat and feeding the hose in that way but I don't know how I'd get to the hose connector in the side of the boat to tighten the nut on the back of the drain plug. Anyone do this mod and have a pic or idea of where to install the new drain hose?

Thanks.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm not sure where your year and model has the drain installed. But mine can be accessed from under the rear starboard bench seat. I would think yours would be similar? I'm also pretty sure that you'll have to cut/drill the hole, then insert the outlet fitting, tighten it down, then install and clamp the hose from the inside. Hope that helps answer your question.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Not ideal but what if you put a check valve in the scupper line and ran it out that? I wonder how bad it would hurt flow. Just thinking out loud.

Noko

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks guys. I'll have to see if I can get to the hose under the rear seat.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Noko

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
yes but it has a good picture of both the inside and outside of where the hose passes through the hull, not sure of your boats style but on the older boats you could remove some screws on the carpeted plywood on the sidewall of the engine compartment to get easy access to it,

good luck and I might suggest a bilge alarm and fume detector while your at it, cheap insurance

Noko

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
yes but it has a good picture of both the inside and outside of where the hose passes through the hull, not sure of your boats style but on the older boats you could remove some screws on the carpeted plywood on the sidewall of the engine compartment to get easy access to it,

good luck and I might suggest a bilge alarm and fume detector while your at it, cheap insurance
Thanks. I got the fume detector, I just haven't put it in yet. Not sure on the bilge alarm. If I put in a float activated second bilge pump, I should be good. But I'll look into it.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the link. That install looks like its for an older boat with the bilge pump under the cleanout tray.
Not only is that an older boat, it's a completely different model.

Where, exactly, were you planning to add an additional pump?

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can anyone recommend a specific bilge alarm and fume alarm?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
if you look in the FAQ both are listed and I believe both members have been happy with their choice,

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Noko

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

machurch

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Any reason why you cant "T" the new discharge hose into the existing one so you dont have to drill another hole in the hull? Would it push back thru the other pump? Perhaps the hose would be too small and not handle the volume if both pumps cycled on at the same time? I hate the thought of drilling a hole in the hull...

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Any reason why you cant "T" the new discharge hose into the existing one so you dont have to drill another hole in the hull? Would it push back thru the other pump? Perhaps the hose would be too small and not handle the volume if both pumps cycled on at the same time? I hate the thought of drilling a hole in the hull...
You hit the nail on the head @machurch when you suggested the outlet hose would be too small to handle both pumps at the same time. You could install check valves to prevent back flow but, in my mind, the biggest reason for 2 pumps is to avert a catastrophic event where 2 pumps would be necessary.