• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2020 - June 21-28th

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think it’s a strong possibility it could. Luckily the ramps and facilities we use are all privately owned and not government owned so that does help my fear is that Bahamas will ban entry Or even worse the economy tanks so bad some of us who have signed up to go can no longer go if this keeps up with Restaurants being closed my job could be in serious jeopardy especially with the stock market tanking like it is

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm with @robert843, by June hopefully we will be on the backside of this but I'm not sure if things will be up and running enough to support the trip. By June I know we all could use a trip to Bimini to help recover from this madness. 🤞🤞

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm with @robert843, by June hopefully we will be on the backside of this but I'm not sure if things will be up and running enough to support the trip. By June I know we all could use a trip to Bimini to help recover from this madness. 🤞🤞

It all depends on the definition of the"backside". It took China 3 months to start relaxing restrictions and that includes riot police bitting people back to their apartments. If we had taken a South Korea approach, I would said the trip is safe. Our approach is worse than Italy, so you can draw conclusions from that.

ifly4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I hate to be a Debbie downer but now with the latest from the US government, BREAKING: U.S. Coronavirus Lockdown Could Last 10-12 WEEKS, Treasury Secretary Says , the lock down might last 10-12 weeks which puts it mid-June, so the odds of the June trip happening is getting slimmer and slimmer.
We have a hard block in place right now - Miami ordered all marinas closed. So unless that gets relaxed between now and June, we're out of business.

I have a VRBO booked in April for Pensacola... as long as the roads aren't closed I have every intention of still going down with the boat. I can avoid people in there on the beach just as well as I can at home :)

ifly4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My vribo is 100% cancel up to 5/22... so definitely have some time to decide.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’m sure we’ve all been thinking it... I’ve just now started to tell my fiancé that Bimini might not happen this year. We were making plans to get married there this summer.
Will she take a rain-check for summer of 2021 ?

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I’m sure we’ve all been thinking it... I’ve just now started to tell my fiancé that Bimini might not happen this year. We were making plans to get married there this summer.
That would have been awesome. In 2014 we had an engagement during the potluck lunch at honeymoon harbor, a wedding would have definitely topped that.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Due to the current situation and the cancelation policy on our unit I have canceled @Andy S and my reservation in Bimini. If things change we will rebook but I had to cancel before our cancelation deadline ran out to receive a refund just in case the trip doesn't work out. We will still watch the thread and update if we are back in.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wonder what all this will mean for Bimini Cove with everything going on. The whole sell to a new owner situation sounded shady at best already and I'm certain none of the improvements will be done this year but I'm now wondering if the new owner won't try and just walk away from the deal making this even worse. The old owner forced an owner finance deal to still keep himself a part of this but in theory that means the new owner likely has little money tied up in the deal and with the prospect of them possibly having a few bad years might make them just walk away. If that happens it could tie this place up in a legal battle resulting in sever downturn of the resorts condition. I know that maybe a little extreme but I don't know that it is too far fetched to not be possible.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
if none gets too excited and start spreading germs again the current covid19 trends will hold. And at current trends and end of June trip is definitely doable.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sure the trip is possible I’m more curious on opinions on the financial effects on Bimini Cove and if we think it will still becomes what we were told it will become.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Does anyone know the sale price for the resort when it sold? I have friend withbdeep pockets starting to look at some commercial opportunities.

AR240THEO

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I might be in on this trip. I'll be coming from MD so I'll also be on 95. Looks like a 17 hr trip for me to Miami, I would want to break that up into two days for sure. I like the idea of getting to Miami on 19th or early on the 20th and getting the boat launched. Crossing on the 21st and 27th works for me weather permitting.

I have a 2017 242 and no salt water experience. Will probably cross with the wife and both kids (14 & 18).

Thanks for all the advice from the veterans.
We should caravan together from Maryland

AR240THEO

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
any places in Bimini they include the boat dock in the room rental fee?