• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2020 - June 21-28th

ifly4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For those of you who are remaining optimistic, if you need a room at Bahia mar on the 20th they dropped their rates significantly.. and if you already booked if rebook. They are also offering 24hr cancellations at all booking rates.

I also switched to a house from bimininsamds, bringing 3 more with me.

Faith Johnson

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Little late to the thread, but if the corona doesn’t hold y’all back, I wanna join you. Live near Pensacola/Destin so I would join y’all as you pass through Georgia/Floria line. 2 teens, 2 adults, 195 FSH. This quarantine has us taking all kinds of boating trips.

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just Released today Doubt this gonna happen in six or seven weeksD4942307-F7C7-47E1-AF2F-91FFE12C8CC1.jpeg

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just Released today Doubt this gonna happen in six or seven weeksView attachment 117172
lol no not when phase twos first action is to resume business in family islands with no presence of Covid 19 that could take until there is a cure or a prevention method.

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
lol no not when phase twos first action is to resume business in family islands with no presence of Covid 19 that could take until there is a cure or a prevention method.
I figure realistically it will be late summer or fall before they open for visitors. Guess will have to suffer, just going to Cayo Costa.

Kevin Sargent

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Gents, what are your thoughts on if we will get to go to Bimini or not in June? I think they would have to open up to salvage their economy. Maybe the heat will beat the virus down. thoughts?
It is coming up fast

ifly4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Gents, what are your thoughts on if we will get to go to Bimini or not in June? I think they would have to open up to salvage their economy. Maybe the heat will beat the virus down. thoughts?
It is coming up fast
I'm remaining optimistic. My plane/hotel/vrbo all have provisions for last minute cancels, so i figure theres no reason to call it now. Even if it doens't happen, not like there is much else to plan for in its place. It seems stuff is so dynamic right now - things are opening up almost as quickly as they've shut them down.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It is coming up fast
Since they have released their reopening plan I think we will at least know a few weeks out. If by June 1st they are still in phase 2 or earlier they will probably not Make it in time for this trip but things here in the US seem to be moving quickly all of a sudden

Kevin Sargent

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Fingers crossed, I am not sure how everyone else feels, after the last 8 weeks, my family needs this trip...lol

I can stay away from all locals 100%....

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Things have gotten worse in Bimini they are about to be a on two week island lock down with no one allowed to leave the island and no one allowed to enter.

amccoy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I think we're postponing Bimini until 2021. So Sad

I'm in-between trucks right now and of course all the virus stuff. I actually have a new truck (Duramax, oh yeah) but our nutty governor has the DMV's closed until who knows when and I need tags. I also have a senior who may have a graduation (hopefully) sometime in June. We were really looking forward to this.

We may do a trip in Aug to the coast of one of the Carolina's, any recommendations? I'm trying to convince my family to move south so any areas that my wife would fall in love with would be great. Thanks.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think we're postponing Bimini until 2021. So Sad

I'm in-between trucks right now and of course all the virus stuff. I actually have a new truck (Duramax, oh yeah) but our nutty governor has the DMV's closed until who knows when and I need tags. I also have a senior who may have a graduation (hopefully) sometime in June. We were really looking forward to this.

We may do a trip in Aug to the coast of one of the Carolina's, any recommendations? I'm trying to convince my family to move south so any areas that my wife would fall in love with would be great. Thanks.
Charleston or HHI area.. we will be down at HHI over labor day weekend. Might run intercoastal from Charleston down (woie likes that trip).

Great fun to be hand on land and in water both places.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Charleston would have more business opportunity then HHI area for moving

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sandals announced they don't plan to open their Bahamas resorts till July but will open their other Caribbean resorts June 4th. I'm guessing that means they are not expecting for the Bahamas to easy travel restrictions till then. Thats still close to the dates of this trip making it but I would say things are not looking promising. If these dates don't improve in the next two weeks I may look at moving to the July 12th trip.

ifly4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sandals announced they don't plan to open their Bahamas resorts till July but will open their other Caribbean resorts June 4th. I'm guessing that means they are not expecting for the Bahamas to easy travel restrictions till then. Thats still close to the dates of this trip making it but I would say things are not looking promising. If these dates don't improve in the next two weeks I may look at moving to the July 12th trip.

I was thinking the same, our vrbo is booked for July though... might have to reach out and see if any of those might be cancelling

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So the Bahamas has opened it borders back up to so Bahamian citizens and home owners may return so that's a positive but the restrictions to return are not. Having to Quarantine for 14 days before you can go out and do anything could be a real possibility in their first stages of opening the border to foreigners which would stink.

Friends and Partners,
As information changes quickly, we continue to share our current knowledge to help you make informed decisions related to travel. In a letter from Captain Charles Beneby, Director General - Bahamas Civil Aviation Authority it outlines requirements for Bahamian citizens, residents, and homeowners to travel to The Bahamas.

For anyone who is a Bahamian citizen or homeowner:
  • Bahamas Passport, permanent residency card, or valid Bahamas Work Permit
  • Homeowners must be in possession of a valid passport and proof of home-ownership (utility bill, property tax statement, etc.)
  • A valid negative COVID-19 test taken within 7-days of intended travel from an approved lab
  • All guests entering The Bahamas will also need to have arrangements to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival.
We have received so many requests for those who wish to return to The Bahamas and will be happy to assist those allowed to travel at this time. The Bahamas have been very smart and attentive to the safety of their residents. We are following any and all requirements to ensure our flights meet their regulations and openly communicate with Bahamas leadership daily.

Tropic Ocean Airways has taken many steps in our safety protocols and procedures. Please visit our page to understand how you can Travel with Confidence when the time is right. Please reply to this email or select the Book Your Flight button for assistance.

ifly4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So the Bahamas has opened it borders back up to so Bahamian citizens and home owners may return so that's a positive but the restrictions to return are not. Having to Quarantine for 14 days before you can go out and do anything could be a real possibility in their first stages of opening the border to foreigners which would stink.

Friends and Partners,
As information changes quickly, we continue to share our current knowledge to help you make informed decisions related to travel. In a letter from Captain Charles Beneby, Director General - Bahamas Civil Aviation Authority it outlines requirements for Bahamian citizens, residents, and homeowners to travel to The Bahamas.

For anyone who is a Bahamian citizen or homeowner:
  • Bahamas Passport, permanent residency card, or valid Bahamas Work Permit
  • Homeowners must be in possession of a valid passport and proof of home-ownership (utility bill, property tax statement, etc.)
  • A valid negative COVID-19 test taken within 7-days of intended travel from an approved lab
  • All guests entering The Bahamas will also need to have arrangements to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival.
We have received so many requests for those who wish to return to The Bahamas and will be happy to assist those allowed to travel at this time. The Bahamas have been very smart and attentive to the safety of their residents. We are following any and all requirements to ensure our flights meet their regulations and openly communicate with Bahamas leadership daily.

Tropic Ocean Airways has taken many steps in our safety protocols and procedures. Please visit our page to understand how you can Travel with Confidence when the time is right. Please reply to this email or select the Book Your Flight button for assistance.
And today they started a 2 week lock down for Bimini :(.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
👆Yep that's correct. My wife owns her own travel company and just got the notice a little earlier today. The jet boaters were the first folks I thought about.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well it appears the June trip is done. The announcement today is they expect to try and reopen for commercial travel on July 1st which means vacation travel will likely not be till later in July or maybe even August. The Bahamas may not be in any of cards this year :(

Kevin Sargent

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well it appears the June trip is done. The announcement today is they expect to try and reopen for commercial travel on July 1st which means vacation travel will likely not be till later in July or maybe even August. The Bahamas may not be in any of cards this year :(

it looks like a wash....man this sucks...crab Island and the keys