• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini Ajustment Settings

mgabsa

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The bimini on my 2012 LimitedS is suppose to be adjustable to 3 different positions. Mine will only open to one position.

If you have the same boat, does your bimini adjust to the 3 different options?

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hmmm.....interesting. I never realized that the bimini on your boat, or others did that. Learn something new every day on this forum!

TechRider

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Hi Mgabsa,

Here are the instructions for the 3 different positions. Steps 5,6 and 7 illustrate the 3 different options.

bimini1.jpg

bimini2.jpg

mgabsa

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@TechRider Thanks for the response. I read my owners manual and that is why I Asked the question. I know the bimini has 3 separate adjustments.

My bimini will only open to position 5 the bimini is to tight to adjust to position 7.

@TechRider you don't have a Limited S so im not sure why you replied.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@mgabsa my guess is it will take two people to get it into the Long and Short positions as the bimini material probably needs stretching to get it into those positions. Have you tried that?

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I agree with Julian. My boat has two settings and the second one takes a little muscle to set. It is getting easier though with more use.

mgabsa

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
?. Cause he had the answer
Seriously? Did you read the initial question? Did you see the part about "if you have the same boat...."?

I have my owners manual! I know there are suppose to be 3 adjustment options (thats why I made note of it in my initial question). Just because something is written in the owners manual doesn't mean it's fact. I thanked him for his response but unless he has the exact same boat he will not be able to tell me if he can adjust his bimini to all 3 positions the owners manual instructs are available.

@TechRider -- thanks again for trying to help- i just didn't find your response helpful for this situation.

@Julian thanks, this is more along the lines of what needs to be done to enable all 3 adjustments.

TechRider

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
No problem, I don't own one but have been in a couple and have setup the top many times. Was not sure you knew what the settings were for.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Seriously? Did you read the initial question? Did you see the part about "if you have the same boat

I didn't mean to disrespect and tick you off. I wasn't trying to be sarcastic either - that wasn't my intention.
Dude - sorry man.

mgabsa

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@octavio3311 - it's all good. I'm just frustrated that twice the dealer has told me the adjustments work and they don't.

I was really curious if it is just my bimini that will not adjust.

The Yamaha dealer on our lake is clueless about these boats. It's a shame I know more about these boats than they do.

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@mgabsa Have you tried adjusting the height on the pole before you zip the flaps around the tower? You should be able to adjust their position even with the Bimini folded and covered with the boot. I typically leave the Bimini in the highest setting, because I've found several times that at lower settings it's exactly mid-forehead height.

Last edited:

MDBodnar

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I think the most important step is disconnecting the rear poles, before adjusting, and then pulling on the poles (stretching the top) to re-pin them.

I have a 2012 Limited S.

Skysurfer2010

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I can't get my bimini to stretch either. The amount of muscle I'd have to put into it to use any other setting than the smallest I'd be scared of ripping it. Doesn't really bother me, though.