• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini "pipe"

duffell_shawnee

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Long story short I am curious if anyone has a better idea than to pay $130+ for the short awning pipe that connects the bimini frame to the tower. Lost mine in the lake this weekend trying to tighten the opposite side. This is the cheapest I've found online. Local dealer said he had some bent up bimini frames that had the part but wrong connection at the end.

Part number F2JU3114-20-00 (pipe awning #4)

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
All of that can be purchased online. Yahoo (because I hate Google) "Bimini hardware" and you find many places selling all of what you need.

guppytrash

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Sorry to hear about you dropping the pipe into the water

I just ordered the pipe.
Our first time putting up the bimini and I dropped the tube into the boat and my wife on the other side dropped hers into the river.
I just got lucky or I would be buying 2 replacements.
What a crap design. I was pissed when I was originally told $199.00 to replace. I ordered the part online for $130 and still think its a total ripoff.
But live and learn.
I will be putting some sort of tether on both sides.
All the advances in design and technology... and bimini tops are as pathetic as they were in 1950.
Just me but there should be no parts that can fall off and into the water.
I looked all over the web and never found the "ball end" style needed for the replacement.
Good Luck!

mrmeaniemeateaterman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So was searching forums after my wife dropped the bimini adjuster arm into the river. I heard a splash and then, "Well that's a crappy design if it's just going to fall out like that." I normally put top up/down by myself but asked her to help....had to grin and bear it. :banghead:

So I am looking at this site for parts list: http://www.portlandsportsplaza.com/oemparts/a/yam/522f5fe0f87002303c9a9ad8/bimini-top-carpet
Do I need part #9 or part #8. I need the ~10inch round tube with a ball on the end and a push ball adjuster that locks into front of tower. The only part that you adjust when setting up bimini top on a 2014 AR210. I think I need part# 9 but not sure.

Either way that is a ridiculously expensive part. May have to get out my "Redneck Engineering For Dummies" book if those prices are real.

`

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So was searching forums after my wife dropped the bimini adjuster arm into the river. I heard a splash and then, "Well that's a crappy design if it's just going to fall out like that." I normally put top up/down by myself but asked her to help....had to grin and bear it. :banghead:

So I am looking at this site for parts list: http://www.portlandsportsplaza.com/oemparts/a/yam/522f5fe0f87002303c9a9ad8/bimini-top-carpet
Do I need part #9 or part #8. I need the ~10inch round tube with a ball on the end and a push ball adjuster that locks into front of tower. The only part that you adjust when setting up bimini top on a 2014 AR210. I think I need part# 9 but not sure.

Either way that is a ridiculously expensive part. May have to get out my "Redneck Engineering For Dummies" book if those prices are real.

`
These should all be available at Bimini hardware stores at a super discount compared to yamaha.

Jluzader

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ok, I always keep this job to myself so it does not fall into the water. Well a friend trying to help while I was not looking pushed the button and plop right down the kisser. Anyone have one for sale or find a less than $150 option? Thanks, happy Laybor Day
image.jpeg

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I no longer need my oem bimini.
What part do you need?
Or, for the same cost of that $130 part you wanna buy the whole thing plus some sorta shipping?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Hmmmm, looks to be slightly different. I'll try to get a picture tonight when I get home.

mrmeaniemeateaterman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm putting this here for reference. I found a custom bimini manufacturer / repair guy here in eastern North Carolina. He is making me a replacement plus a spare bimini pipe. He gave me his permission to put his name and phone number on here as he doesn't have website, facebook, etc. Just all word of mouth. As far as cost, let's just say it's a LOT more resealable that what Yamaha wants.

Kent Brown
3270 Highway 33
Belvoir, NC
252 531 0326