• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini Stainless Steel Safety Pull Pins

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@andy07sx230ho do you have any tips for removing the stock mounts? I see they are through bolted and really hard to get to.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@andy07sx230ho do you have any tips for removing the stock mounts? I see they are through bolted and really hard to get to.
You or someone will have to climb in the compartment behind the driver seat and passenger seat to hold/turn the nut (I think it is 7/16") while someone else holds/turns the screw. I'm 5' 11" 200# and can get in both compartments, the passenger side is not fun but doable.

CAM212SS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I did this mod by myself with some long socket extensions. I did not have to climb underneath. This however is not the most convenient way, but since we have a newborn my help has her hands full. I love these Bimini mounts. An excellent mod.

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yea I am 6'7 250 and cannot fit into either lol. I might see if my wife can get in there or try the extension option.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Our mounts arrived from Great Lakes Skipper. They still appear to be the same mount. Fortunately @Rana liked them enough to volunteer to climb into the seat compartments.

image.jpeg image.jpg

Monterro

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I installed my quick release hinges today and works great. I ended up buying the Yamaha clips but can't figure out how to attach them to the poles without removing a rivet that's being used to prevent movement of one of the attachments to the upper pole. Any suggestions. The clip will not slide over unless it's removed.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I installed my quick release hinges today and works great. I ended up buying the Yamaha clips but can't figure out how to attach them to the poles without removing a rivet that's being used to prevent movement of one of the attachments to the upper pole. Any suggestions. The clip will not slide over unless it's removed.
You are correct, you will have to unrivet one fitting, slide the Yamaha clip on, and then rerivet the fitting back on. In the process you can slide off the factory fitting used when storing the rear leg, since it is no longer needed.

Monterro

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You are correct, you will have to unrivet one fitting, slide the Yamaha clip on, and then rerivet the fitting back on. In the process you can slide off the factory fitting used when storing the rear leg, since it is no longer needed.
Thanks for the info. Do you happen to know what size rivet is needed or should I pop it off and got to hardware store to match up. Don't have too much experience with rivets.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks for the info. Do you happen to know what size rivet is needed or should I pop it off and got to hardware store to match up. Don't have too much experience with rivets.
I don't remember the exact size but the newest box of rivets I have are 3/16" all aluminum which I got at Lowe's, so I'm guessing that is the size plus they look the right size.

JJ-B-Boatin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We have these quick releases for our bimini as well. Highly recommend them! That being said, I if anyone is looking for bimini hardware, I have ordered from this place several times and been extremely happy with them. (Please note that I do not work for them or am I affiliated with them in any way. Just a happy customer.)

http://www.marinepartdepot.com/

They also have the quick release brackets, but they seem to be a bit smaller than those that @Bruce posted (also a bit cheaper.)

http://www.marinepartdepot.com/ststqupinred.html