• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Binnacle Question

cwoav8r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Pic borrowed from @Julian...

What are these adjustments on the top of the binnacle? Stops for the levers?

cable4.jpg

Thanks @Scottintexas , I was in the process of synching and adjusting the friction this weekend with my son helping... lets just say the ones on top got "adjusted" and I think they were set back to where they were before. Everything leads me to believe these are just "stop" adjustments, but wanted to be sure. I cant seem to find any documentation on the binnacle yet...

From the pic it looks like some sort of stop for the throttle lever.

(My mark-ups in blue.)

upload_2014-6-26_12-10-49.png

It looks like the metal part swings up and hits the ends of the threaded rods.

Attachments

• upload_2014-6-26_12-10-19.png
    upload_2014-6-26_12-10-19.png
    386.8 KB · Views: 1
Just found an old manual... they are indeed the fore and aft throttle lever stop adjustments. Thanks all...

Now that you guys mention it, I was about 200 rpm's short on the port side last weekend... maybe I didn't get it adjusted back correctly...

There goes my theory. I was gonna say they are stops to keep @Julian from hitting his groin when his binnacle is between his legs. :)

There goes my theory. I was gonna say they are stops to keep @Julian from hitting his groin when his binnacle is between his legs. :)

Looking at it, I'd be more worried about getting things pinched between them! :confused:

Back