• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Blue Angels - Pensacola - July 8, 2017

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@blackhawkpilot that sucks.

Hope the weather in the a.m. holds out. It was nasty for a little bit over there today. Thunderstorms.

@fireflymedic we will be departing at 0900 from behind The Gulf restaurant, which is right next door to Marler Park. You are welcome to follow us. I will look for you

blackhawkpilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Post pics/videos so I can see what I missed. Really wish we were going.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Great show! They actually started it about 10 minutes early due to inclement weather moving our way. First pic is @Michael Kruger (red) and @fireflymedic (blue) on the way over. Last one is of the storm that was rolling in. It was lightning and got real windy, but we avoided the rain somehow.

Blue Angels Heading Over.jpg Blue Angels Overhead II.jpg Blue Angels Overhead III.jpg Blue Angels Overhead.jpg Blue Angels Storm.jpg Blue Angels Heading Back.jpg

fireflymedic

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Fun trip thanks for letting me tag along. Glad you @ToddW850 made it back save and sound. I only thought the trip there was rough man The water was choppy on the way back. Went 66 miles and used 33 gal. Of gas average speed 18 mph according to the connex screen but that counts a couple of stops . The way back keep rpms @ 5500 which was around 25 to 28 mph.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
No problem @fireflymedic . Looks like my overheat issue was due to the grass I sucked up. I didn't have any issues on the way back. I stopped for gas at Santa Rosa Yacht Club and then headed back. Water was kinda choppy west of the Navarre Bridge. After that, it was smooth sailing the rest of the way. Didn't even get rained on, except for a quick sprinkle.

Nimrod_R

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Saw several Yamaha's on 7/7/2017 (the Friday practice show) in Little Sabine Bay.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We saw the show from Pensacola beach. We were seated on the sand in front of the beach ball water tower. It was a perfect spot! We took the free trolley from the gate of Ft. Pickens at 6:30 am and was in our spot before 7 for a 12 noon show. It was entertaining to just watch all the people during that time. The Blues started a little before 2 due to weather in the area and performed for about 45 mins. We were gonna hangout for a bit to let the crowd clear, but with the impending weather we decided to move on. We started to wait for a trolley, which are actually buses, but the lines were deep. So we decided to then start walking towards where our truck is parked and catch a trolley on down the line where the crowds would be thinner. Well, we only saw one trolley going our direction and it was packed. We kept walking, and walking, and walking. We ended up making it all the way back to our truck that was 3 miles from where we saw the show. This is not something that we'll do again. We'll either figure out a way to see it from a boat or from a hotel or condo balcony. I've heard estimates of 100k+ people in the area to see the show. Crazy! It was a great show though!

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We saw the show from Pensacola beach. We were seated on the sand in front of the beach ball water tower. It was a perfect spot! We took the free trolley from the gate of Ft. Pickens at 6:30 am and was in our spot before 7 for a 12 noon show. It was entertaining to just watch all the people during that time. The Blues started a little before 2 due to weather in the area and performed for about 45 mins. We were gonna hangout for a bit to let the crowd clear, but with the impending weather we decided to move on. We started to wait for a trolley, which are actually buses, but the lines were deep. So we decided to then start walking towards where our truck is parked and catch a trolley on down the line where the crowds would be thinner. Well, we only saw one trolley going our direction and it was packed. We kept walking, and walking, and walking. We ended up making it all the way back to our truck that was 3 miles from where we saw the show. This is not something that we'll do again. We'll either figure out a way to see it from a boat or from a hotel or condo balcony. I've heard estimates of 100k+ people in the area to see the show. Crazy! It was a great show though!
Wow! Definitely glad we went by boat. And that storm moving in was a nasty one wasn't it?

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The storm never dropped any rain, but it sure looked bad with some strong wind gust. As we walked back we could see all the boats anchored in the bay and we all said that we wished we were on our boat out there. We would have been on our boat had we not been in Florida on vacation.