• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat cover

Colin W

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
I have a glastron gt 187, I'm wondering if anyone has purchased a boat cover that is one piece, the bow and cockpit cover is nice but the water leaks at the zipper. Also in my driveway there is a tree that constantly covers the nice looking cover is spinners and leaves.

BobbyP

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
I inquired at the dealer for the full boat cover from Glastron and it was around $800 for with tower. I'm in search of myself....

Colin W

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
I inquired at the dealer for the full boat cover from Glastron and it was around $800 for with tower. I'm in search of myself....
Mine doesn't have a tower but that is a lot of money for a cover, many other things I can spend $800 on

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

BobbyP

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
No discount. I've been looking at local fabrication for a cover

NavyShooter

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
Yowzers.

I had my boat parked beside my garage awaiting getting my dock fully into the lake to move it down into the water for the summer (that happened yesterday) and I hadn't noticed how much crap has accumulated on top of the cover...spinners, etc, and I didn't have it set properly to dump water, so there was some puddling on it too.

Boat is now in the lake, cover has been scrubbed clean and is now drying, and I'll be getting it on the boat tonight.

As for your issue, have you considered a large blue tarp? I mean, the cover is great for a trim look, but the blue tarp would be a better shield in this situation.

If I have my boat parked beside the garage again, I'm going to tarp it.

NS

Colin W

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
Yowzers.

I had my boat parked beside my garage awaiting getting my dock fully into the lake to move it down into the water for the summer (that happened yesterday) and I hadn't noticed how much crap has accumulated on top of the cover...spinners, etc, and I didn't have it set properly to dump water, so there was some puddling on it too.

Boat is now in the lake, cover has been scrubbed clean and is now drying, and I'll be getting it on the boat tonight.

As for your issue, have you considered a large blue tarp? I mean, the cover is great for a trim look, but the blue tarp would be a better shield in this situation.

If I have my boat parked beside the garage again, I'm going to tarp it.

NS
The more I see how much these covers cost, the blue tarp is looking like a great option

Mighty Peace

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Maybe the "Poppy Company" has a 1-piece cover for your boat. I am going to order one for my SeaDoo 210SP.