• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat is here!

crains

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Yamaha 255XE is here. I want to make sure I pinpoint common problem issues. What should I be looking at more closely. Would love to hear from people who have picked up a boat 2020-2022 model years. Thanks in advance.

Fish

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Congrats on the purchase!

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Congrats on your new beauty. Man I love the colors!

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
First thing i would do is replace the anchor locker drain. Then the scupper valve in the back. Congrats on the new boat!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Skyhawk223

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
Anchor locker drain replacement for sure. Something that happened late in the season was the lever used to move one of the rear cushions fore and aft froze. I am salt water so perhaps a bit of corrosion that I will have to address when boating season starts again. I also installed a battery tender but ended up not using it much. I use a high and dry service so nowhere to plug in.
I did not have any other problems fortunately. 2021 252S.

Seattle_Phaeton

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congratulations. On inspection open and check your bimini top, check all the edges of your cushions, and check your trim on the cup holders. These were all areas we had problems with. Good luck.

Txbred

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Check the ski locker hinge. Mine was really tight to where it was pulling the screws out from the door. Make sure the Transom Cup holders drain properly, although I wouldn't know how to check them without filling them up. I had a small razor cut on the side of one of the front bow cushions. On a few of the cup holders the rings would spin off. I did notice one of the letters in YAMAHA on the bow is looking loose. Other than that pretty solid boat. 2022 252SE.

Txbred

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Check the ski locker hinge. Mine was really tight to where it was pulling the screws out from the door. Make sure the Transom Cup holders drain properly, although I wouldn't know how to check them without filling them up. I had a small razor cut on the side of one of the front bow cushions. On a few of the cup holders the rings would spin off. I did notice one of the letters in YAMAHA on the transom is looking loose. Other than that pretty solid boat. 2022 252SE.

Txbred

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Check the ski locker hinge. Mine was really tight to where it was pulling the screws out from the door. Make sure the Transom Cup holders drain properly, although I wouldn't know how to check them without filling them up. I had a small razor cut on the side of one of the front bow cushions. On a few of the cup holders the rings would spin off. I did notice one of the letters in YAMAHA on the bow is looking loose. Other than that pretty solid boat. 2022 252SE.
Meant to say one of the letters in YAMAHA on the TRANSOM is looking loose.

Caudio18

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
How long ago did you order yours by chance?

crains

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
How long ago did you order yours by chance?
Put a deposit down in June. I was 6th on the list for a XE. The XD list was longer so I chose to do without the drive system.

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Put a deposit down in June. I was 6th on the list for a XE. The XD list was longer so I chose to do without the drive system.
You were sixth and got a boat so soon!?

crains

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
You were sixth and got a boat so soon!?
From the looks of things my dealer moves a TON of units... I think I just picked the right dealer. They seem to get a pretty substantial allotment. Pure speculation, I was counting on March/April.. no complaints. I do know that the family ahead of me backed out because the wife got pregnant... I can't really say how/why it happened as quickly as it did.

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
From the looks of things my dealer moves a TON of units... I think I just picked the right dealer. They seem to get a pretty substantial allotment. Pure speculation, I was counting on March/April.. no complaints. I do know that the family ahead of me backed out because the wife got pregnant... I can't really say how/why it happened as quickly as it did.
Where are you located?

TRSmudge

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
Congrats!!!
Ours is finally getting close, dealer said it’s about to ship.

Vizslacane

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
North Texas
Dealer is Phil Dill Boats
Lewisville Texas
A service guy at Phil Dill Boats told me they are the largest Yamaha dealer in the world and they sell over 300 Yamaha boats per year. That seems shockingly high to me, but that's what he said.