• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boating/Camping at Kerr Lake in NC

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Has anyone camped and moored their boat by their campsite on Kerr lake. How was it? Any advice on areas to stay?

We are looking at Nutbush, Henderson Point and County Line campsites. Some of the sites that are available are within 50ft of shore with a clear line to where the boat will be moored.

I like the idea of Henderson Point and County Line because they are up around the larger part of the lake. Nutbush is at the southern end.

We are planning for Labor Day weekend. Let me know if you are going.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Tom Toberman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I just spent the week camping at Kerr Lake on Henderson Point site #10. Excellent location for tent camping with a nice beach just off the camp site. We have stayed at a couple of other spots previously, but this has been our favorite. The washrooms are clean and looks like recently renovated, we were only one of two campers on the island at the time so it was very quite too.

Skysurfer2010

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm jealous. I use to go there every summer for a week long vacation. We use to stay at a friend of a friends log cabin right on the lake with a boat dock. The best part is that they didn't charge us a dime! It sucks that they sold it...

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks @Tom Toberman

Our friends booked a spot up at Hibernia site 93. It is on a small cove but I am not familiar with it. We will see.

Tom Toberman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Awesome 96Pirate! I love Kerr Lake, even if you have to trailer the boat at night, it will be a great time! Let me know how that site works out though, as it is a bit closer than Henderson Point to my home!