• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Boating Equipment

Instead of carrying flares on non-required waters for night boating I carry a battery powered spot light such as http://www.amazon.com/Optronics-Million-Candle-Marine-Spotlight/dp/B001BWE9DK. This is good for spotting channel markers, other boats, and in an emergency can be used for signalling trouble. It would be much easier to find a boat if it was shinning a spot light that one that shot up a flare, just my opinion. Also, most lakes and river probably have cell service, so if you are in trouble calling someone would get quicker help than shooting off a flare, again just my opinion.

...... If your boat dies and you have no battery power.....a flare might save your life.

I have a whole bunch of flares on board as well as a flare gun! I want the flare gun in case of shark attack and I have to shoot a flare down the shark's throat to save the boat from being swallowed.

um, yeah, flares are important! :cool:

@MikeyL and everyone else about involving the wife.....She did make one HUGE decision and I quote, "If we are going to spend this type of money we better have an AMAZING sounds system." So she got what she wanted....

-4 MX650 JL Speakers
-2 MX770 Tower Speakers
-M1000/5v2 JL AMP
-JL M10W5 10" Sub w/ built in enclosure
-XSP-MX2000 battery (dual battery)
-BSE-7610 ACR Solenoid 120 amp

Nathan the audio guy recommended the enclosed sub for the compartment in front of the driver. I notice most people don't do this.....makes me a little worried. Any suggestions?

Well, I would say your new boat is in good hands with the wife doing the purchasing. Now get back here safe and enjoy that new toy.

@MikeyL and everyone else about involving the wife.....She did make one HUGE decision and I quote, "If we are going to spend this type of money we better have an AMAZING sounds system." So she got what she wanted....

-4 MX650 JL Speakers
-2 MX770 Tower Speakers
-M1000/5v2 JL AMP

Nathan the audio guy recommended the enclosed sub for the compartment in front of the driver. I notice most people don't do this.....makes me a little worried. Any suggestions?

I'm jealous...I don't think I could ever get my wife to buy in on an audio system like that. I'm just lucky that when we purchased our boat, the original owner already put in tower speaker and an amp. Otherwise I would not have those either. She constantly tells me to turn it down. :(

She is likes to party a little bit [flag]:thumbsup:...I see your from Lanier, looks like an awesome place. I sure I will be down there next year.

Instead of carrying flares on non-required waters for night boating I carry a battery powered spot light such as http://www.amazon.com/Optronics-Million-Candle-Marine-Spotlight/dp/B001BWE9DK. This is good for spotting channel markers, other boats, and in an emergency can be used for signalling trouble. It would be much easier to find a boat if it was shinning a spot light that one that shot up a flare, just my opinion. Also, most lakes and river probably have cell service, so if you are in trouble calling someone would get quicker help than shooting off a flare, again just my opinion.

Yup....a battery powered spotlight is a must have for boating at night! Mine is dead.....my 12v one works....but if your main battery is dead it won't. And Sharks eat batteries all the time....flares...not so sure! :cigar: And ya never know when a swarm of bees lands on your boat and you need the smoke from the flare to send them to sleep...:clown:

@Helipilot11 ---you'll also get some sticker shock when you start buying toys....tubes, skiis, wakeboards, - just DONT TRY WAKE SURFING...then you'll need ballast, pumps, new ropes, new boards....

My daughters best friend's dad is an Apache Pilot--what are you flying?

Im a blackhawk pilot!

Here is a link to two of the videos I made earlier in the deployment.

-4 MX650 JL Speakers
-2 MX770 Tower Speakers
-M1000/5v2 JL AMP

NICE post !!!!!!!!!!!! IMHO, I don't care for his S/W location. I suggest BEHIND you. And if ya wanna save some money, you do NOT need the JL enclosure. But ya GOTTA now add an on-board QUALITY dual bank charger/maintainer, such as the Minn-Kota Mk 220-PC. Don't "chet" on a less-expensive charger. This one is QUALITY and will pay for itsellf in the long run. PM me and 'll help you get it installed SECURELY with virtually no trouble or work in a matter of minutes.
Excellent"source" : http://www.thedigitaloasis.com/Minn...p-Precision-Charger_p_28293.html#.U9KBDfldWFU
Continued good luck to you. Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

PS - @Glassman: Once again you MADE MY FRIDAY !!!!!!!!! Hilarious !!!!!!!!!!

Well I just bought a new boat and as some of you know I am still deployed so it gives me time to shop. Well thats what I did today.....Talk about Bust Out Another Thousand. I am a first time boat owner so it is kind of required. If you could look over what I got and let me know what else I am missing.

-Fender Package (4 bumpers 6 1/2'') w/ rope
-Coupler lock for the trailer
-Stretch n slide dock lines x 4
-Marine Horn
-Dockmate braid dockline x 2
-Orange type 2 lifevests x 5
-Telscoping Paddle
-Fender Tender x 2
-Safety whistle
-Small box anchor
-Watersports flag
-3/8'' Anchor shackle x 2
-Type IV throw cushion
-Braided Nylon Anchor Line 3/8" x 150'
-Thrust Vectors (Installed at dealer)
-Deluxe Mooring Cover (From Dealer)

My wife is going to kill me......
Where's the beer? Some basic hand tools & a serrated knife.

I have a whole bunch of flares on board as well as a flare gun! I want the flare gun in case of shark attack and I have to shoot a flare down the shark's throat to save the boat from being swallowed.

um, yeah, flares are important! :cool:
Shark attack hmmmm, now there's a boarder you wanna repel. :)

@Gym I was in the aviation guard unit at the Cape for a while. Bridgewater State Alum here.

@1rjclark Any tools you recommend?

Welcome and thanks for your service.

The ONLY thing I didn't see on your list...was a distress flag and a first aid kit. But everything else looks solid, nice job.

@Gym I was in the aviation guard unit at the Cape for a while. Bridgewater State Alum here.

@1rjclark Any tools you recommend?
Flown over it many times going to the Vineyard from Beverly. Trying to remember the head of the Aviation Science program @ Bridgewater State. He runs the FIRC I have to attend every 2 years.

Well I just bought a new boat and as some of you know I am still deployed so it gives me time to shop. Well thats what I did today.....Talk about Bust Out Another Thousand. I am a first time boat owner so it is kind of required. If you could look over what I got and let me know what else I am missing.

-Fender Package (4 bumpers 6 1/2'') w/ rope
-Coupler lock for the trailer
-Stretch n slide dock lines x 4
-Marine Horn
-Dockmate braid dockline x 2
-Orange type 2 lifevests x 5
-Telscoping Paddle
-Fender Tender x 2
-Safety whistle
-Small box anchor
-Watersports flag
-3/8'' Anchor shackle x 2
-Type IV throw cushion
-Braided Nylon Anchor Line 3/8" x 150'
-Thrust Vectors (Installed at dealer)
-Deluxe Mooring Cover (From Dealer)

My wife is going to kill me......
Where did you get your gear? I've got some good input from others that Walmart is good place to get the basic stuff. Thoughts?

I ordered from Overtons. They were offering free shipment and 10% off

Where did you get your gear? I've got some good input from others that Walmart is good place to get the basic stuff. Thoughts?
I have bought name brand stuff from Wallmart like an Orion flare gun and some other products.

Back