• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bolt size reverse bucket

Kevin-yyz

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Anyone know the bolt size to attach the reverse bucket on the left side of the nozzle.

2018 242

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

JetBoatPenguin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I believe you're referring to 33 and 34 in this diagram.

Note: if its the reverse bucket you need the bolt/washer AND the sleeve/ aka "collar" that fits over the bolt to help the swiveling.
For the older jet pumps my manual says M6 x 16mm length on the bolt, but it looks the same to me on this diagram.

If you can't order them and need them right away. You may want to try this . . .

I found some M6's at Lowes in a pinch this past weekend (I bought lengths 16mm, and 20mm, and a small metal sleeves to fit over it. Had to go with the 20's as Lowes only has the longer metal sleeves. As a temporary fix.)

Ask me how I know . . .

I lost both my bolts and inserts on the swivel that is U-shaped which is the part that connects the throttle gate position cable onto the gate. This caused the gate to be permanently down (always in reverse).

I was able to fix it underwater (always carry a mask on the boat, plus put a trash bag underneath the reverse gate to catch any parts or tools that fall when working underwater) using 10mm sockets. The second temp fix was going to be (the metal rings on keychains threaded thru both holes (or several zip ties). The third fix option was to pull the bucket cover off completely and run only in forward on the starboard (twin engine). When you need reverse switch to one engine.

Hope this helps. Probably more info than you needed. . . .

I'm thinking I should also get a "fishing" magnet like this below to have on the boat for dropped parts/tools. . . and keep spares of these parts for the nozzles onboard as well.