• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Bouncing like a pin ball.

Lngray

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
About to put a deposit on this guy. 07385021-908F-466B-A20A-6B931B82AEE2.png

I'm told it’s a 2023 215id 600hp. Don’t know how it’s a 2023 as I didn’t think they were out yet and the dealer has had it since March. I have been assured it is and will check all numbers to be sure. I’ve been bouncing back and forth between the Yamaha 212SE and this bad boy. This scarab dealer is 9 hours away. I had decided on the Yammy because the closest Scarab repair facility that will do warranty work is 4hrs away. Yamaha repair is an hour away. I also spend most of my time on a river and have sucked up a few sticks into my old Seadoo impeller. Love the Yamaha clean out ports for that issue. I preordered a Yamaha after my sales rep told me he is pretty sure I’ll get my boat by next season, probably by October. As of our last conversation he says he can’t guarantee it because a couple preordered 2022’s fell thru for his customers this week. They now have to reorder and pay 2023 pricing. Just after I hang up with Yamaha, the scarab guys call and tell me they have discounted the scarab to basically the same price as the Yamaha. So I’m getting a 2023 600hp 215 with premium everything ( and can pick it up this week) for the same price as a 2023 preordered Yamaha ( which may or may not come in). I figure that if I buy this Scarab now I will have a good bit of time to work out any kinks this season and if I find issues can get them fixed over the winter. Additionally I`d be getting a 2023 at 2021 pricing. Can`t hurt resale value if I decide to sell later. My question is does this sound to good to not have a catch. I don’t see how I can go wrong with a brand new boat. Never bought a new boat before and everyone has been so helpful with my previous questions on this forum. Thanks in advance. Thoughts?

Last edited:
You should be able to look at the Hull Vin on the back right corner of the boat to determine the model year of the boat.

You should be able to look at the Hull Vin on the back right corner of the boat to determine the model year of the boat.
Thanks much. Just asked the dealer to shoot me over the info.

Okay I'm confused.

This Scarab is listed at 90K. Isn't a Yamaha 212SE a 65K boat? Did you mean a Yamaha 252SE?

Personally I like the Scarab layout better than the Yamaha. I think the Yamaha, however, holds it value better and is easier to sell if you ever desire to do so.

Jim

Yea you’re talking about two totally different options and prices there.

If it were me spending your money…600hp sounds nice

Okay I'm confused.

This Scarab is listed at 90K. Isn't a Yamaha 212SE a 65K boat? Did you mean a Yamaha 252SE?

Personally I like the Scarab layout better than the Yamaha. I think the Yamaha, however, holds it value better and is easier to sell if you ever desire to do so.

Jim
The dealer offered me a much better price than advertised. The Yamaha 2022 price is 69k after dealer fees. $1600 for a warranty that matches the scarab. Another 4k in upgrades to compare apples to apples in the scarab add ons. We’re at 76k and that is before the 2023 price increase of anywhere between 2 and 10 percent. That’s $1400 to $7000. That puts me at a difference of 5k to 9k which is negligible in the payment plan. As you say ,I am concerned about resale. I don’t have any perspective on which will sell better. I was thinking the 600hp on the scarab would make it attractive. I also don’t think the used boat market will hold values like this forever. I am also concerned about rumors of Scarab being sold. Everyone I talk to says it ain’t going to happen but I I’ve talked two dealers getting out of the scarab business. I really appreciate your perspective. Thanks for your info.

I wouldn't even consider re-sale value. It's going to go to shit in the next few years on both boats.

Anyways, I don't know price... but I would have a VERY hard time paying 70k+ for a 21' boat.

I would be shocked if its a 2023. On the website it states its been available since 03/22/2022. To me that would mean its a 2022 model. Scarab's website doesn't even talk about 2023 models yet. And since when have we seen discounted pricing for a brand new boat, given the last few years and wait lists. Maybe Scarab's wait list isn't as long. Hopefully you can prove us wrong and that its a 2023. As for it holding its value... I don't think a boat like this should be bought for the purpose of re-sale. Just drive it, have fun with it, and enjoy it.

I have had my AR 190 since last December. I have used my clean out port twice. Once for a rope and once for a hat. Would have been in a world of hurt without the port.

That said, the Scarab looks awesome!

With the current market and uncertainty of delivery, I'd buy the Scarab if you want a boat now. We were lucky to buy just before the scamdemic affected the market and supply chain so got the boat we wanted at the price we liked.

I have had a Scarab 215 since 2014, and traded it in on a new one with 600hp. My old one had the twin 250s (which is insane). I didn't need the 600hp at all, but like the dealer said, "nobody wants less horsepower". And I like the idea that at 10mph it is spinning at 500rpms lower. I hope you bought the Scarab. The passenger comfort and layout hasn't changed in 10 years because it was perfect, with no need to change anything. We still love the design or we wouldn't have ordered another one.

About to put a deposit on this guy. View attachment 185084

I'm told it’s a 2023 215id 600hp. Don’t know how it’s a 2023 as I didn’t think they were out yet and the dealer has had it since March. I have been assured it is and will check all numbers to be sure. I’ve been bouncing back and forth between the Yamaha 212SE and this bad boy. This scarab dealer is 9 hours away. I had decided on the Yammy because the closest Scarab repair facility that will do warranty work is 4hrs away. Yamaha repair is an hour away. I also spend most of my time on a river and have sucked up a few sticks into my old Seadoo impeller. Love the Yamaha clean out ports for that issue. I preordered a Yamaha after my sales rep told me he is pretty sure I’ll get my boat by next season, probably by October. As of our last conversation he says he can’t guarantee it because a couple preordered 2022’s fell thru for his customers this week. They now have to reorder and pay 2023 pricing. Just after I hang up with Yamaha, the scarab guys call and tell me they have discounted the scarab to basically the same price as the Yamaha. So I’m getting a 2023 600hp 215 with premium everything ( and can pick it up this week) for the same price as a 2023 preordered Yamaha ( which may or may not come in). I figure that if I buy this Scarab now I will have a good bit of time to work out any kinks this season and if I find issues can get them fixed over the winter. Additionally I`d be getting a 2023 at 2021 pricing. Can`t hurt resale value if I decide to sell later. My question is does this sound to good to not have a catch. I don’t see how I can go wrong with a brand new boat. Never bought a new boat before and everyone has been so helpful with my previous questions on this forum. Thanks in advance. Thoughts?
I know this is probably too late, but I have the 2020 version of your boat and have been happy. The 600HP is almost overkill in my opinion, but I purchased it used and that's what it had.

Back