• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bow Roller leaving marks...

Tracy Short

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey everyone! I have a new 2016 AR240 with a Shorelander trailer. My stock bow roller is leaving marks (looks like scratches) on the bow of my new toy. I've read a lot of posts on here recommending the Stoltz rollers. If I replace my stock roller with the 4" Stoltz, will that fix my issue? I know there are bow protectors, but I'd rather fix the issue instead of band aiding it. Any advice is greatly appreciated! By the way, love this forum! I've picked up a ton of tricks from you more experienced boaters already!
Thanks in advance!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Putting a Stoltz roller on was one of the first changes I made!

And Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new boat!!! Consider adding your location to your profile so you can hook up with other jetboaters in your area!

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Putting a Stoltz roller on was one of the first changes I made!

And Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new boat!!! Consider adding your location to your profile so you can hook up with other jetboaters in your area!
X2

And... :Welcome: You have come to the right place!

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard. . . .get the Stoltz, you wont regret it.

Ryan Sanders

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have had the Same issue on my 2016 212x I ordered the stoltz roller and plan to go after Yamaha or the dealer to have the damage fixed because it does it almost every time its loaded on the trailer.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thank you that is the roller I ordered.
I hope you thought I wasn't confirming? :) I just ordered it as well. People said 3 .75 , its a 3.5 roller for a shorelander trailer. That will give it a 1/8 inch play on either side.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think your right , I am on hold now to change it. you are correct. They are a super fast shipper. Cutoff time is 12 est time , my order was placed at 1130 est and its shipped already. They said just refuse it and they are shipping the one in the link that swatski posted tomorrow.

Thanks

Last edited:

Fozzy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
This might be a dumb question, but can you change it with the boat on the trailer ? My new LSE is black and has white scratch marks from the roller that also looks to not fit the nose at all.

Tracy Short

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the great info everyone! Definitely replacing the stock roller asap! If I order from the link posted above, I'll still need to order the bells to go along with that roller, correct?

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the great info everyone! Definitely replacing the stock roller asap! If I order from the link posted above, I'll still need to order the bells to go along with that roller, correct?
@swatski link I don't think so, when I called he said that was a new product. I arrived at my link from stoltz's website. So they don't have the other product on their page as well.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The stock roller for the Shorelander (at least on mine) is a little wider than 3.5", so if you order a 3.5" roller its going to have a little play as opposed to stock. I bought a Stoltz Ultimate and cut it down to exactly 3.6" which is the width of my Shorelander roller. Fits like a glove and there is no excessive play or slop.

Attachments