• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Box Anchor and Pin Came Loose...Suggestions??

Devildog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
For the first time today, the pin that keeps my box anchor in place popped out of place while anchored. I thought that I was drifting a bit and once I pulled up the anchor, I noticed that the pin came out.

Has anyone had this experience and what have you done to secure the pin in place? Thx.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

spatty99

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It is held in place by a really strong spring. Maybe yours is failing, misaligned, backing bolt loose, etc. You can probably use a big zip tie to lock it in place.

brockhals

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
My pin never held properly, so I welded my box anchor corners. I tried tightening the nut, zip ties, etc. nothing would prevent it from popping out

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hhhmmmmm...That's strange as mine seems to stay put.

Have you tried contacting slide anchor? Maybe this is a known issue And they have a remedy for it...

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I agree. Mine has never slipped. Though I have had trouble pulling it out a few times and need to set it down somewhere to get enough leverage...

Call Slide Anchor.

Devildog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll check with Slide Anchor to see if they have any guidance.

Devildog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just a quick update on this. I took your advice and emailed Slide Anchor from their website. They have been awesome. Very responsive and willing to help. I spoke live to a guy named Ryan and he gave me a couple of tips to try and tighten the pin so that it does not come loose while in the water. But in the end, he said that he would replace the anchor for free if those tips don't work. Just wanted to give a good plug for Slide Anchor and their attentiveness to fixing my problem.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just a quick update on this. I took your advice and emailed Slide Anchor from their website. They have been awesome. Very responsive and willing to help. I spoke live to a guy named Ryan and he gave me a couple of tips to try and tighten the pin so that it does not come loose while in the water. But in the end, he said that he would replace the anchor for free if those tips don't work. Just wanted to give a good plug for Slide Anchor and their attentiveness to fixing my problem.
That is the lost art of customer service in action!! Glad to hear it. Love my box anchor...