• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Box anchor?

Keith Hebert

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Who have the Box Anchor? How do you like it? Does it work well?

FlyNavy76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Works great! It's very heavy though.

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Box anchor works great in most situations. Only issue I've ever had is really loose sand with a current

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
we bought one last year.. they said we need a small for our 23 footer but we bought a medium instead..... guess what my boat doesn't do now? drag the anchor! however it is heavy... but my wife can still handle it.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We've got two. Ones bigger than the other. They both work very well. Especially with an anchor buddy. "Set it and forget it" ;)

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I switched to a box anchor this year and I love it! Of course it doesn't fit in the anchor locker, but I'm okay with that.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Love my box anchor. I do despise the 20lbs of mud it brings up with it.

thorsome

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, yes, oh God, yes!!!!
It's that good.

FlyNavy76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Yes, yes, oh God, yes!!!!
It's that good.
That's what she said.

Sorry, couldn't resist. My wife hates the box anchor because it's so heavy and brings up a bunch of rocks and clay. I have to bring it up now (used to be her job), but I love it because I no longer worry about dragging the anchor.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I agree with all of the above it works good. Cons are its difficult for someone who has never used it to figure it out so you usually get stuck setting the anchor if you ask someone on your boat who has never dealt with one to set the anchor once they pull it out they will give you a weird look like what is this. It's heavy and does pull up a bunch of of the bottom with it when retrieved as mentioned you will likely get stuck with this job as well. It does fit in my anchor locker but if you keep it there line the locker up with something or it will beat the heck out of your locker I put two throwable cushions in the bottom of mine to help protect it. All that said still love it truly is set and forget it 95% of the time.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Here's a tip for those who hate the cleaning part of a box anchor.....

Pull the anchor up from the bottom and leave it 2+ feet in the water, then slowly troll out of the cove (SLOWLY...and in SLOW no wake speed). Go about 50 yards and you will have self cleaned the anchor. Go back to the bow and pull up your clean anchor.

DO NOT forget it is down there (I leave the anchor locker door open and my obvious reminder) and DO NOT go over a slow no wake mode.

Keith Hebert

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
thanks all! I am definitely getting one for next season. I have a 21 foot Yamaha. what size should I get?

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have a small (not sure, might be medium) box anchor, and as others have said, it sets without effort, never had it slip. I also have a digger anchor (https://www.amazon.com/Digger-Anchor-Freshwater-12/dp/B001RDEB86/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1473734217&sr=8-6&keywords=digger+anchor).

I first had the box anchor up front and the digger in the rear, but I have since switched them, the problem is the box anchor pulls up 1/2 the lake bottom and is VERY heavy with all of that crap on it. The digger pulls up NOTHING and holds almost as well. I have never slipped with either anchor

I don't even use the stock fluke anchor and it slipped ALL the time....