• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Brand New Super newbie (have some questions, thanks in advance)

Yeah....go talk to that neighbor! (is he on our member map?) Most boaters LOVE to talk about their boats and love to "Sell" their boat to other boaters. So my guess is he'd be very talkative about his experience, and might even take you out for a spin!

Since you are on a fresh water canal.....your salt water issues do not exist! Driving home will flush your boat better than being on the hose!

@Ricky E !!!!!! So glad you found us.
Best Wishes and Good Luck in your quest. Stay a LONG time with us !
Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Only 1 more thing to say ...............
+             CartoonWelcomeAboard 18 Ricky E - SM.jpg

I don't think I can add materially to the advice already given. All good.

But, I can add my welcome: excellent to have you here. :)

I can chime in a little on the salt water. I boat exclusively in salt.....every weekend. I, however, trailer the boat every weekend and never actually leave it in salt water. When we boat in the summer, we are almost always home after dark. I don't care if it's 9:00pm or midnight, when my boat gets home, it's washed and thoroughly flushed.....even if we are going out the next day. My boat is now a 5 year old boat and generally speaking, it's in fantastic condition. Pumps look new. There is no getting around it, salt is more work and preventive maintenance.....but we are salt air people and I would have it no other way. Take the advice from others and do some more research....talk to your neighbor. We have kids so no props is a no brainer for us. All depends on what you want to use the boat for.

Back