• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Broken Captains Seat

Lee Wilke

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Long story short, it's broke.
No it was never jumped on or stood on, not sure how it happened.
Need to fix.
Any ideas?????

Thanks

Attachments

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The only idea I have is to look at the various parts suppliers and order a new one. But taking a quick look at this....it looks like they only sell the whole seat:

So the only alternative would be to source one from a parted out boat from a place like greatlakesskipper or other online sources, or try and find someone or fix yourself.

Lee Wilke

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
The only idea I have is to look at the various parts suppliers and order a new one. But taking a quick look at this....it looks like they only sell the whole seat:

So the only alternative would be to source one from a parted out boat from a place like greatlakesskipper or other online sources, or try and find someone or fix yourself.
I actually emailed the company that manufactures the interiors for our boats, they are not 40 minutes away from me here in TN. They responded that they wont sell me a bottom seat frame for my seat. SMH.
I guess I can try to have it covered under warranty but possibly not as I have taken the seat apart to see how bad it was broken and as to whether or not it could be fixed.

Not sure which way to go on this as a new one is 1300-1500ish dollars and I'm pretty sure that's out of the question.
Thanks for the input.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Not sure which way to go on this as a new one is 1300-1500ish dollars and I'm pretty sure that's out of the question.
The link I sent has it at $877 or $979....still not cheap, but better than your estimate. I'd try the warranty route first....can't hurt.