• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bull Shark Bite At Big Game Club

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What a great kid! Smiled through the whole ordeal!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I was surprised at Bimini Sands that they had no provisions for collecting and/or disposing of fish cleaning remnants. All the boats were just tossing it in the water and sharks and Rays were cleaning it up.

In 2017 I dropped something in the water at the dock and scoped out if anything was around and dove down for it. While in the water a decent sized black tip cruised by....I left the danik hook I dropped in the water. I comfortable with sharks, but the amount of "feeding" going on there made me nervous. I dont need a shark to try a taste....(as it did with the kid in this story).

Not to mention, swimming around docks is dangerous enough with stray current risks! (Not sure I'd trust the sands dock master to be maintaining the electrical system properly!)

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
A danik hook? Those things are spendy, I might have risked the bite :)

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Kind of remind me trying to swim from the pool to building 21 one evening until Bruce forbid it. Glad I listened

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I suspect this explains why the shark cage was closed last year. Fortunately for the 12 year old boy who fell in it only required 56 stitches. This is a good reason not to swim in the marinas.

https://www.trackingsharks.com/12-year-old-bitten-by-bull-shark-in-bimini/
My little man, now turned 5 threw my oldest kids glasses in the water there. I looked and saw no sharks soi snorkeled for them for probably 10 minutes. He did it while i was doing customs. I guess some day i will need to go back so he can see it!
I believe you or someone else told me a fisherman had cut up a bull shark and threw it in after snagging onefishing. The scent gets rid of their own kind for a good while