• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Buying 2007 AR210

Scobie

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi all, I have been watching the forum and trying to gleam as much information as possible. A lot of great information. So I am getting ready to pull the trigger on entering negotiations in buying a 07 AR 210. This will be our first Yamaha boat , and have been able to up sell the wife on getting a couple feet bigger for our first foray into the jet boat world. It is being sold by a Yamaha dealership in the Midwest. It is about 4.5 hour drive from were I live. What questions should I be getting answered to justify the drive to look at. Also being the Midwest getting it in the water to test wouldn't happen till spring at least. Dealership website has standard write up , pictures look good, 220 hours for $21000.

Thanks
Hope to be new Yamaha owner soon!

Diamondwatercraft

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I have a 2008 SS and I can tell you I would like a few more hp. I have the twin 160's and am considering trading mine in for a newer one with the 1.8 l engines. I assume the AR that you are looking at has twin 110 hp?

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
At $21K for an AR210, I would wait until you can take a test drive or buy one that is closer than 4 hours away. You will enjoy the Yamaha so you are on the right track. The only thing to think about is whether you can tow and store a boat that is larger. If so, think about the 23 and 24 series boats. If you are limited to size, which I understand, go with the 21 series but look at the 212SS or 212x unless you find reasons that you don't want that more powerful version. You still can't go wrong with any choice

Scobie

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes , you are correct that it has twin 110. We will be doing a variety of water sports, be more "Jack of all trades master of none " theory for the kids.
Anyone with the twin 110 have thoughts about

Scobie

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
At $21K for an AR210, I would wait until you can take a test drive or buy one that is closer than 4 hours away. You will enjoy the Yamaha so you are on the right track. The only thing to think about is whether you can tow and store a boat that is larger. If so, think about the 23 and 24 series boats. If you are limited to size, which I understand, go with the 21 series but look at the 212SS or 212x unless you find reasons that you don't want that more powerful version. You still can't go wrong with any choice
Thanks for the info, will look at the 212 , what would be a price you would look at the ar210?

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes , you are correct that it has twin 110. We will be doing a variety of water sports, be more "Jack of all trades master of none " theory for the kids.
Anyone with the twin 110 have thoughts about
I have a sx210 with a aftermarket tower , we do a lot of water sports , it does fine , but like anything sometimes I wish I had more power , but the boat does fine , hope that helps

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Personally, for a 210 that is 2007 or older, I would expect to pay less than $20K in the off season especially for a boat with >200 hours. I also think that you get what you pay for so I would focus more on a well cared boat expecting to pay $20K given that you are shopping used and in the off season. There are many variables that affect price and those may or may not prove to be important to you (condition of the interior, tower, trailer, stereos, perfect pass, boat cover, etc).

NADA shows a base 2007 SX210 as ~$15K retail and avg. retail of ~$17K without a trailer.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The options it has might drive the price up to that point. I've slalom skied behind a 210 with no problem, so it has plenty of power....just took me a little longer to get out of the water.

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would not be turned off by power comments. You need to determine that based on your specific needs. My SX210 (identical to the AR you consider except for its tower) has plenty of power for our family of 5. It has way more power and speed than all the boats I ever grew up with and is bigger than any boats my friends currently have. Consider the number and size of people you intend to carry on a regular basis, which water sports are most popular, and what type of lakes you will frequent. Sure fancy wake boats can carry 15+ in 24 feet of boat, but I can't think of any time I would personally want that many on board at any price. Others do and that is just fine. I love my SX210. I have owned my 06 for four years and paid under 20k back then with 115 hours so you should be able to do better than their ask. On the flip side, these boats have definitely grown in popularity since then, so the market may reflect that. I also recommend a test drive of any 06-11 SX210 or AR210 model somewhere to be sure you love it.

jcsmith77

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We bought our 2009 ar210 this summer on consignment at a dealership in mid-MO for 23k with less that 50 hours on it. At the time it bluebooked at 25-27 i think. Not really sure as memory is fuzzy and honestly I probably think now that we could have paid a little less. Dealing with the dealership and a few issues associated with the boat was a giant PITA and although they ultimately made it acceptable, it was way more painful than it needed to be, but thats another longer story. As far as the boat, we love it. We had a 1998 sea ray 180br with a 130 horse i/o. We were constantly fighting for room, walking, sitting and storage space. Did I mention that we love the new boat? My experience is that the power has been significantly better than our old smaller boat that really struggled to pull me out of the water on a wake board. We have also dabbled with the bladders and surfing behind the new boat. My only real concern was that when we first attempted docking that i spent a lot of time missing, backing up, going in circles. It was to the point where the wife was better at it than me. I finally decided to get a set of fins cause jbp had some closeout colors on sale. I have to say that they made a huge difference for me and slow speed steering. We were looking for what most people that end up with a yamaha are looking for, a nice boat with all around performance that can do a lot of different playing at a reasonable cost. As a side note, I am obviously new to posting on the forum but have been reading for quite some time and must warn that doing mods is addictive if your a tinkerer. Also as a testament to the people on this forum, boatcrazy introduced himself to me at the restaurant dock at Pomme de terre this past summer when he saw me checking out his boat.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The 07 AR210 is a nice boat. I have a friend who just sold one for around that price with a $5,000 or more Wet Sounds system in it, a custom wrap and upgraded flooring. His family loved to surf behind the boat. They were able to go rope less with just a few ballast bags.

This is a review of the 2007 SX210 http://www.boattest.com/review/yamaha/1042_sx210#Top

I would shop around more and try some other Yamahas once the weather warms up. You would likely be able to find a 230 with more room and high output engines in a similar price range.

Scobie

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks to all. @sx210owner will take a look at your sx210. I will let the forum know how the shopping is going and I'm sure there will be questions.

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My purchase preceded the existence of this forum; but as a person who bought from another forum member back before the "friendly revolution", many of the same great members here were just as helpful. I vouch for the value of mods and general care that most often comes with an active member's boat. I have not personally seen @sx210owner's boat but it could easily be a safer buy than one 4.5 hours away where the dealer knows nothing about its history. Lots of great mods.

Pedigree matters.