• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ca Delta

1rjclark

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I tried to get some sort if a get together going last season on that other site but no luck. Maybe this season???? We can set a date, time, and place, and then map out an itinerary. So what's up? Is anybody down to kick it, party, and have good f*#%^ing good time on the delta

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Where is Ca Delta?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

1rjclark

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Check this link out
californiadelta.org
The delta meets up with the SF bay. Hopefully the link will give you more info. The Ca Delta is a beast like no other.

1rjclark

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Yeah....I was wondering the same thing! LOL...I'll bet the auto map can't locate that!
Here's some pics of the delta. The first Friday of every October the dlb host "Hooky Day"these pics are from Hooky day 2011 & 2013 the last on is from "Rage on the river" on the Sacramento River.

Attachments

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm down, my wife maintains our weekend schedule but with enough notice I should be able to make it happen. I recognize Union Point in the first pic (and boated under that bridge just a few weeks ago) but not the other location(s) at all. However, unless I'm mistaken Mt. Diablo is in the background of the second pic so I may have passed the place dozens of times without knowing it.

The last pic (which is in a thumbnail format) looks a lot like an area near Old Sacramento where the "locals' raft up. I'd love to go back their and anchor for the day but from experience it takes me about three hours to get there by water from the Antioch area and at least a tank of fuel for the roundtrip. If that is where you propose we go or meet I would probably book a room at the Embassy Suites on the water in Old Sac since they are right next to the guest dock and no more than 3 miles by water from the raft up spot.

Last edited:

1rjclark

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm down, my wife maintains our weekend schedule but with enough notice I should be able to make it happen. I recognize Union Point in the first pic (and boated under that bridge just a few weeks ago) but not the other location(s) at all. However, unless I'm mistaken Mt. Diablo is in the background of the second pic so I may have passed the place dozens of times without knowing it.

The last pic (which is in a thumbnail format) looks a lot like an area near Old Sacramento where the "locals' raft up. I'd love to go back their and anchor for the day but from experience it takes me about three hours to get there by water from the Antioch area and at least a tank of fuel for the roundtrip. If that is where you propose we go or meet I would probably book a room at the Embassy Suites on the water in Old Sac since they are right next to the guest dock and no more than 3 miles by water from the rafted up spot.
What's up Romnie? You're right ! That's union point, then windmill cove in Stockton, then Orwood. The last is discovery park, sacramento, where the sac & American river meet. I've seen your pics of the delta. Nice. Good pics of Disco Bay Ski Beach. My home base launch is Orwood. Let's hook up for a taco Tuesday or something this season

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I don't think I could make it out to Orwood on a Tuesday at least not with my boat but I work in "nearby" Pleasanton so maybe we could hook up there after I get off work.

Discovery Park Sacramento is the place I was thinking of (where the river's meet and you can actually distinguish the water of each river by color and temperature) but didn't know the name until now. I found that place by accident the first time we boated to Sacramento, what a party spot (a boater could get physically stuck in there by other boats if he/she is not careful) but I can't think of a better place to get stuck. They had "food boats"/pontoons offering everything from ice cream to beer and ice. I want to go back but with my friends not my wife and son. I'm surprised I didn't recognize Orwood. I was there a few weeks ago and asked about the storage and valet service, unfortunately they only offer the former not the latter but that's a different subject.

I will keep an eye on this to see how it progresses. For anyone interested and assuming I make it, I will bring my quad copter (maybe two if my son comes along) to take video and stills of us and our boats/pwcs on the water and I will give it away for free (the footage not the quad copter). Actually, technically I'll give you the wifi pass word and you can download the footage to your smart phone or tablet, if you have a PC or laptop we can transfer the data the "old fashioned" way.

1rjclark

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't think I could make it out to Orwood on a Tuesday at least not with my boat but I work in "nearby" Pleasanton so maybe we could hook up there after I get off work.

Discovery Park Sacramento is the place I was thinking of (where the river's meet and you can actually distinguish the water of each river by color and temperature) but didn't know the name until now. I found that place by accident the first time we boated to Sacramento, what a party spot (a boater could get physically stuck in there by other boats if he/she is not careful) but I can't think of a better place to get stuck. They had "food boats"/pontoons offering everything from ice cream to beer and ice. I want to go back but with my friends not my wife and son. I'm surprised I didn't recognize Orwood. I was there a few weeks ago and asked about the storage and valet service, unfortunately they only offer the former not the latter but that's a different subject.

I will keep an eye on this to see how it progresses. For anyone interested and assuming I make it, I will bring my quad copter (maybe two if my son comes along) to take video and stills of us and our boats/pwcs on the water and I will give it away for free (the footage not the quad copter). Actually, technically I'll give you the wifi pass word and you can download the footage to your smart phone or tablet, if you have a PC or laptop we can transfer the data the "old fashioned" way.
Taco Tuesdays are an after work run for me and the wife. I'll usually get home from work around 4:45- 5 pm and we'll be in the water by 5:20. Sometimes we don't get back to Orwood until midnite or later. Depending on if we go to Boardwalk bar&grill or windmill cove. When I do the old sacramento run I launch out of Rio Vista. There's a lot of good party spots on the delta. There's disco bay ski beach, you gotta check out DJ Brian's over board parties there. Lots of T & A. There's Stocktons ski beach, more kid friendly there but can get wild once the stripper poles get put to use. Also lots of organized events. Fire works, reggae on the delta. Rage on the river is usually on Sundays at discovery park but they have a that start after hours, like midnite. You can really do some great videos of boating adventures with your copter. I'll probably be getting my boat out for the first time this season this month. We can hook up for a Saturday or Sunday run in the near future if you want.

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Interesting.
Are there Camp Grounds or RV Parks on the rivers

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Interesting.
Are there Camp Grounds or RV Parks on the rivers
Yes there are I'm sure numerous places to camp, set up your rv and / or rent a cabin along the rivers of the delta, I pass them all the time when I'm on the water. I can't name many but here are a few if you want to check them out: Brannan Island State Park and Orwood Marina Resort.