• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Camper Tops For Our Boats Threaad

After You

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thought I'd start a new thread. It's winter and it's a good time to start a new mod on the boat. I'm thinking of putting a camper top on my boat. Does anyone have an idea of how to do this or has anyone done it? If so, do you have pictures? Please share your thoughts, ideas, and pictures. Thanks.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Look at @Julian 's signature, he did a camper canvas setup for his boat a few years back. There have been many threads discussing this over the years. I got a quote in my area and using my existing bimini top, it was going to run my $1700. Prices will vary greatly depending on how you have it made, features, if it covers swim deck, etc. Some of the features you build into it are more necessary than they seem, such as rollup/zipout side and front curtains, as well as doorway. Check the link in Julians thread as a start.

OnTheWater

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@sysinu has an over the tower cover that I am having duplicated in 2 months, so we can do some overnight camping in the bays. While you can't drive with it, I love the fact that it is lightweight, easy to put on while on the boat in the water, and stores down to the size of the small cooler that comes with the 240's. He has a 242, as do I, but I'm guessing you could do something like that with a 240. Here's the link, if interested - https://jetboaters.net/threads/over-the-tower-cover-for-a-242ls.2785/

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

utahrd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just picked up my new enclosure today....I dropped off pictures of @Julian's enclosure and they went with it.

Here are the pics...

I will post more details and prices later...

Thanks Julian for creating the design! I have screen on the back panels so that I can roll down the "windows" and let fresh air through. Also, the front middle window zips up so that I can still have walkthrough to the bow.

Gotta run!

-Jon

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Looks great! Did they add straps to hold up the sections when you roll them up? Those are really helpful. Not sure if you can see those in my photos or not (just went to look and you can't). Don't think I have any pics with them in it.

utahrd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
the straps are on the rear and rear-side panels on the bottom of the windows. its more like a "roll down" than roll up system

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
the straps are on the rear and rear-side panels on the bottom of the windows. its more like a "roll down" than roll up system
I have the straps on the bottom of the ones with roll down windows, but I also have snap straps at the top of the front windows. That way I can roll up the front windows when not in use and not have to take them off. When boating in cooler weather or intermittent rain this works really well. And the straps snap to themselves to stay out of the way when not in use. Wish I had some photos. Also, I think I had them add these straps after the initial delivery. They were simple to add.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
That is a really nice setup guys! If I were on the water longer term like you @Julian with a wetslip, and you @utahrd with your extended trips, and both of you used to be in cooler climates, I would definitely have to have this. Down here in Texas, it would only be usable from November-March! But talk about a season extender!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yeah....I had mine made when I lived in IL and would boat in Ontario Canada (Sioux Narrows) for 2 weeks every summer. We'd be boating from island to island in the middle of the night, sometimes in the rain...this was a life saver!

bumpy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I finally got mine! I picked the boat up June 17th a day before my annual time share trip to Winnepesaukee in NH; today is the first day I needed to put it up! Man, do we need rain, my lake is down 6+ inches. The back of my boat on my dock is in 20 inches of water, so we load up, I walk the bow to the end of the dock and jump on while my wife starts the engines. Wicked shallow!
Anyway, Jay at Maritime Designs in Seekonk MA did an amazing job, with really innovative features to deal with the tower. Not cheap, but worth every penny and then some. I highly recommend.

IMG_1227.JPG