• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Center cleat is loose

Zonie

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well, it's not easy but you need to crawl into the compartment behind the passenger seat and reach up or you might be able to crawl into the compartment under the radio. Either way sucks but with a helper (to hand you tools and help get in and out) you can do it. 14 year olds can do it easily... Be sure to put Loctite on the nuts so they don't come off again. You can also purchase lock nuts with nylon inserts to make sure they stay secure. (I did that because one of my rear ones fell into the hull somewhere and I couldn't locate it.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had 4 nuts fall off my cleats on my 230. Most were loose. I tightened them all up but had my wife do the middle starboard side.