• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Changes at the movie theatres

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My family and I go to the movies often. Recently a new AMC opened up and it has an iMax as well as powered reclining seats in all theaters. The seats are great but there are less of them and the ticket prices run about $13 without 3D or premium sound. Sometimes the seats are only available on a reservation basis.

In response out local theater just announced that it will be adding powered recliners soon as well as seats which vibrate and tilt with the movie. No word on what the price will be once the recliners are installed but the moving seats add $4 to each ticket. Currently, a basic ticket is $10.50.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
Over the weekend we tried out a theater in SF where the big draw is that you can order a meal to eat during the movie. Never again, I thought I would be at a table watching the movie while wait staff took my order and brought me my food. Not, you order at the restaurant on location before or during the movie,they give you a pager and you come out to get your food and take back to you powered recycling seat during the movie, so you end up missing at least part of the movie.

What are your new experiences around the country where movie theaters are concerned? What do you think?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I went to a theater in Chicago where they were all reclining seat and you picked your seat before you entered (which was a little strange as you had a limited concept of the distance to the screen-as a first time visitor). I LOVED having a recliner and would pay more in a heartbeat for one from now on....but none close to me in Raleigh yet. Moving and vibrating chairs....hummm....not sure but might be worth it in an action movie.

trace

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The smaller local theater in our town went to recliners about a year ago, love it, very comfy. Even the close seats are nice because you don't have to crane your neck back, you just lay back and you're good to go.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Warren theater in Wichita, KS, we used to go there a lot, they had a restaurant on site that you could take the food to your seat. They also had one screen that they brought the food to you, it had a curved seat with a table, some would probably sit 6, I only went to that one once and my wife and I sat at one that was made for 2-3 people.
I liked that Warren because all the screens were nice with nice big seats.

We found a nice drive-in here close to San Antonio it's in New Braunfels, we go there quite a bit, take our own popcorn, pizza, drinks.....

Chris K

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Same here, new one in the Augusta area, with the power recliners and assigned seating. Makes it so nice ordering tickets and knowing you have a seat thats comfortable and with your spouse or family. I usually wait a few weeks to go see a movie cause I am not a fan of the crouds, but the new seating and arangement of the seats here, even if the theatre is packed, you still feel like your the only ones in there. Its very nice. and definitely worth the extra few bucks and the extra few miles from the original theatre.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We have a couple great theaters locally which serve meals, and adult bevs. You have a wait person or you can reorder drinks on the touch screen.

Theaters need to do something to spice it up because the movie ALWAYS looks and sounds better at my house verses the big blurry mess of a screen at the cinema!

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I love the recliners and reserving them and not worrying about finding a seat. My only concern is if I go with my wife to one of her movies, I will be sleeping before the previews are over.

Jluzader

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Our was installed about a year ago and with now offering BEER delivered to my seat even better. I love the fact you can preorder your seat number/place before hand so you can get there anytime so you can miss the 30min previews.

dexx00420

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We have a small theater in town that's attached to a bar; they give you menus and will serve drinks and food during the movie...the prices aren't too bad and the theater is split up into love seats so even in a sold out movie you are a decent distance from the stranger next to you. Best part with it being part of a bar is it's 21 and over which means no kids or teenagers.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lately I rarely go out to the movies.

I did take the wife out to our "newer" theatre that has the wait staff, reserved seats and in theatre meals. I thought the seats were a great addition, but didn't need the rest of it.

I'm not a "stereo guy" by any means. One thing that I've noticed at regular theaters is that the sound is awful. I just remember as a teenager how the sound systems seemed to envelop the room. I loved the THX sound bite where it sounded off all the speakers around you. I miss that :(

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This seems to be airline inspired. Extra leg room for extra $. What will they come up with next? $2 headsets?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Saw a few movies recently and rediscovered bargain night at century theaters. No recliner, premium sound system or reserved seating but at almost 1/3 the price (6.50 v. $17.50 a ticket at Amc, the pic is of a receipt for 4 tickets) I thoroughly enjoyed the bargain movie (no bargain night at Amc, yet anyway).
image.jpg