• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Cincinnati river Sunday morning/early afternoon?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Anyone going to be on the river tomorrow before 4pm and want some photos of their boat from the shore or above? Am here for a wedding on Sunday evening.....did the aquarium today....was nice!

@Impelled ?

at from the shore or above? Am here for a wedding on Sunday evening.....did the aquarium today....was nice!

Damn! We were out there around that time. That would have been cool! Hope you enjoyed the wedding and Cincinnati.

@steined So how is the river? I usually don't get that far south but am always curious how the river is this time of year. Debris, temp, etc..
I usually put in around Marietta when I go.

@steined So how is the river? I usually don't get that far south but am always curious how the river is this time of year. Debris, temp, etc..
I usually put in around Marietta when I go.

Kevin, If it hasn't rained hard for a few days, this time of year is just fine! REALLY early spring, forget about it! Logs, refrigerators, tires, etc... I drive over a tributary on the way to work and it is usually a good indicator of the main river quality.

@steined .. Are you talking about putting in at merietta ohio? We just spent the week end in Williamstown / Parkersburg with my in laws.. My mother in law works at Marietta College.. Being new to the jet boat work I was standing on the river bank yesterday and was wondering what it would be like to take my boat down the ohio!!

@steined .. Are you talking about putting in at merietta ohio? We just spent the week end in Williamstown / Parkersburg with my in laws.. My mother in law works at Marietta College.. Being new to the jet boat work I was standing on the river bank yesterday and was wondering what it would be like to take my boat down the ohio!!
I boat in the Cincinnati area of the river. It's fun when it isn't crowded! Plenty of bars and restaurants on the river.

I saw one Yamaha from a distance when we were at the Aquarium. The river looked really clear and a great place to boat. The only thing that looked interesting was the wakes behind the big barges....looked like some serious rollers running behind them!!!!!!

I've boated in the Ohio several times. I have put in near Marietta and boated to Parkersburg. The river is nice a smooth and it warms up fast. I have even transitioned locks to go up river to Pittsburgh, quite the adventure! The problem for me is, Marietta is about 2.5 hours away. The weather is usually warmer there then near Cleveland so it gives me another option.

all of my wifes family lives up there... how long of a ride is it to Pittsburgh from Marietta? I would imagine it would be an all day ride.

Well hell, we were out all day on Sunday. Actually we were out Friday night, all day Saturday and all day Sunday. Too bad I was too worn out Saturday night to check the website.

We went past the Aquarium around 6pm on Sunday. The river was really crowded all weekend and some of the waves were pretty big, but all in all a great weekend on the water.

If you make it to the Cincinnati area again let me know, we would love to take you for a river cruise.

Back