• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Clarion MW1 Stays Lit

Banditgrrr

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I recently upgraded my head unit to a Clarion M505 and also installed a Clarion MW1 remote. When I did the wiring, I connected the yellow (memory) directly to the battery. I connected the red and orange to switched power. When I have my Perko switch in the "off" position, the head unit is off and the MW1 is still illuminated. I disconnected the orange (illumination) wire and the MW1 was still illuminated. I disconnected the yellow (memory) and the illumination on the MW1 turned off. If I put the battery switch in the off position, I do not want to have the MW1 illuminated and causing a drain. Any idea what could be wrong with how I have this wired?

Capture.JPG

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Banditgrrr

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
They have a dealer support line but nothing for consumers. They direct you to a local dealer and they will not provide support because I purchased from Amazon.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Banditgrrr Not sure if you still need it but just in case - here is a diagram of the main switch I used when I was searching for switched power for PerfectPass:

Banditgrrr

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Thanks Swat. With all the stuff I'm doing I actually purchased the printed shop manual. I don't think it's an issue of power. I think it's something with the head unit or remote. Just wanted to see if others came across the same issue.

I just connected the yellow to switched power and it fixed the illumination issue. Problem is now the head unit won't store settings because it loses power when the Perko is off.

Banditgrrr

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
***Problem Solved***

I removed the M505 and plugged in my M502. Everything worked as it should. The MW1 illumination went out and only turned on once I turned on the head unit. I purchased the M505 from Ebay and it was a refurbished unit. I contacted the seller and they told me to send it back for a full refund. I ordered another M505 from Amazon which was a brand new unit. It arrived today and I wired it up and everything worked properly. Moral of the story: Saving $30 isn't always the best idea. Hope this helps someone who may have the same issue in the future. Appreciate the help from everyone.